2011 Ford F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can now go on the Ford website and build your own F-150 with the new engines. I'm disgusted that in order to get a truck with four full-size doors, and 4WD, you need to shell out a minimum of $34K (with the 5.0 Liter V-8). You can't get a crew cab with the V-6. I guess 305 HP is inadequate to move the vehicle. Is anyone else disgusted with the prices of new vehicles nowadays? I have no idea what my next car purchase will be. I think I'm looking at buying something used for the first time in my adult life.

Last edited:
It is possible to build a crew cab XLT with the 3.7, just not with the 6.5 foot bed, 5.5 foot bed max. Base price is $31,810 with the crew cab XLT 3.7.

baloney. if you really haul people all the time it makes sense.
if that bed is too short for some things buy a 500 dollar trailer. or pull a nice enclosed trailer, snowmobile trailer etc. those trucks can make sense.

Last edited:
If you pay the suggested sticker price for a truck, then you are a chump. Trucks I price out on the Ford site for 35k+ routinely sell for under 30k off the lot...

The issue with the larger engine with a 4x4 supercrew is nothing new. Once upon a time, the supercrew (when introduced in the 97-03 body style) was not available with the V6 in 4x4 trim either. (I'm NOT saying these are equivalent engines just pointing out this is not a new issue)

The beauty of a pickup is you can generally get it setup the way that fits your needs. For every person who rails against the 5.5 foot bed, the auto makers sell 3 or 4 to people who find them just fine. Don't like it? Get the 6.5 foot bed.

if you saw the prices on that truck after a year you'd buy a used one!

The hit is HUGE on any new vehicle, and my FIL just got a used FORD loaded with everything for an amazing price from a private party.

I am shocked at some new car prices. I need to replace my '98 Expy pretty soon. I don't want or need 11mpg city anymore, but I need the space, so I'm looking at crossovers. Criminy, I can get 16-18mpg city with the room I need, but we're looking at 40 large brand new, even with discounts and rebates you're still at 36-ish.

I'm thinking that used is definitely the way to go.

When cars became complicated and costly, trucks still were still simple...

Now, that is changing as well.

Manufacturers are going to ruin trucks as well.

It appears 'boost is not available yet? I noticed you can get a std cab, short box with 5.0 and 3:55 gears. That might be fun.

Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
I think I'm looking at buying something used for the first time in my adult life.

You should.
Let everyone else take the depreciation hit. New cars are a waste of $.

I only bought a new car once... Never again.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
I think I'm looking at buying something used for the first time in my adult life.

You should.
Let everyone else take the depreciation hit. New cars are a waste of $.

I only bought a new car once... Never again.

I agree with SLCraig

I only bought new cars twice..Never again.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Is an aluminum twin turbo v6 going to hold together towing a trailer up a long long hill?

*sigh* Hasn't this been beaten to death enough? According to Ford's testing of the engine.... In a word, YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back