2011 Duramax Shell Rotella T 15W/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching how this truck has progressed from the day I bought it and Every 3K I have had the oil sampled. Only mechanical failure I have had was a radiator the blew out on me coming home from a trip out west.
That failure has begun to leave me to believe I have a bigger issue going on then just a fluke Radiator as by what I have been seeing in the UOA's.
I had thought from day one by what I could smell after a good run that a hint of a-freeze was noted. No tale tell signs of issues except for the UOA.
There are only four places I know how A-Freeze can get into Oil, Turbo, HG's EGR or worse case cracked block or head.
Anyway I wanted to get a couple of third party Interpretations of the UOA from the members here to see if my concerns were legit. Thanks for this site and the p[oeple who keep it alive.

The POS flag on the antifreeze line and is all you need to bring the truck to the dealership and have them correct the issue under warranty. Unfortunate on such a young engine. Fortunate is that you caught it in warranty.

That's what I kept telling them from the get go at the 3K mark. Monday I asked for a Exhaust Gas coolant check to be done as well as a Cylinder leak down test. If the heads come off the truck is getting studded right then and there. Don't want to do it a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back