2011 BMW 328i Castrol Edge 0W40 5,000 mls UOA.

Here is another UOA for this engine.
The previous one (seen in this report too) was Castrol Edge 0W30. That oil did not have any track time, just lots of daycare runs and aggressive driving to Arapahoe Basin for some skiing.
This one did one hard day at the High Plains Raceway. Ambient temperature between 96 and 102f, 5,000ft altitude. Did total 47 laps and the last session was 1 1/2hrs long I was actually for 45 min alone on the track :) ).
Interestingly this report is actually better than the previous one. I did add 0.5qt but just to be on the safe side during track time as it is an inline 6 engine and they like a lot of oil in the sump.N54/55 engine in E90 are known to sometimes experience drop in oil pressure during left turns that produce more than 1G, so I always keep oil at MAX or just bit over (I can see actually level through OBD since oil is measured by oil sensor).
Also, silicone is good. I switched to European intake air box. In Europe they don’t have charcoal permanent filter. I am running Mahle OEM filter not any K&N or similar garbage.
6D9FAA9A-7612-4D80-8C27-E11AE0DE678A.jpeg

Thanks for posting. Those are some great reports. The TBNs are pretty stout still. Any idea what the virgin TAN is on these oils? The only significant difference I see besides the VIS is the Magnesium.

Thanks for posting. Those are some great reports. The TBNs are pretty stout still. Any idea what the virgin TAN is on these oils? The only significant difference I see besides the VIS is the Magnesium.
Not sure about TAN in VOA. Maybe I should do VOA of this oil.
Magnesium could be leftover form Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40 I had for brief time before this Castrol 0W40. I have radiator type oil cooler so some oil stayed in.

Looks good. Really hard to go wrong with Castrol 0W40 or 0W30 in these engines.

Can you tell a difference with the new airbox (sound, performance, etc)? If nothing else, the air filter replacement is simplified.

Looks good. Really hard to go wrong with Castrol 0W40 or 0W30 in these engines.

Can you tell a difference with the new airbox (sound, performance, etc)? If nothing else, the air filter replacement is simplified.
Definitely crispier sound but I also removed resonator that is part of charge pipe and installed Turner silicone one.
Livelier at lower rpms. Like I shed 100lbs. At high rpms except crispier sound I am not sure performance wise.
But biggest thing is air filter maintenance. I can check filter occasionally and not disconnect MAF and with that potential break some plastic pieces. And filter is actually cheaper!

Interesting how the naturally aspirated engines don't chew that viscosity down vs. turbos.

Interesting how the naturally aspirated engines don't chew that viscosity down vs. turbos.
Yes, but difficulty here is inline 6 architecture. It is hard to cool off these engines. I think another thing is that it proves usefulness of oil cooler. At this altitude before oil cooler my oil temperature would almost hit 300f before DME cuts it.

Back