2010 TOYOTA Yaris is here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those interested . I think they're only available on the west coast for now . Hard to find at this time . Found 6 at dealership in CALIFORNIA . Assume more will arrive to other states by end of month . 2010 YARIS now have Vehicle Stability Control and traction control as standard feature .
thumbsup2.gif

the yaris is suprisingly willing... I can see getting into trouble with it, if you drive hard. It handles well, but anything can be flipped, probably it more than most...

I once read that 'Traction Control' is 'poor mans 4 wheel drive'.
All I can say is that my 2002 Buick Century has it and I've never gotten stuck in snow. I would consider VSC and TC an asset in any car and making it standard equipment is a plus IMO.

Hate to be rude, but the Yaris is such a lousy car that I have no idea why there's a place in the market for it. There are cars for only a few bucks more that would give you equal or better fuel economy while offering much more refinement.

Yaris is if you want a Toyota at all costs.

They're competent basic transportation. Good if you want a commuter box to keep miles off your weekend car. I looked at the 08's and 09's when car-shopping last year. They were decent, but definitely plain.

Put a M/T into the hands of a semi-competent hypermiler and watch the fuel economy skyrocket.

Hopefully this version at least won't look like it should have two antennae glued on top an be driven by an exterminator.

They're pretty decent cars for what they are actually...but overpriced, at least over here.

you can get a 2010 2 door hatch with a 5 speed manual for less than $12 grand if you get dealer discount along with good size TOYO rebate . All about timing and being stubborn . That's plenty of car for the money .

+1 on the VSC and TC , PBM . Amazing difference in snow and ice . Never put snow tires on the 2 cars we had that came equipped with those safety features . OEM tires were GOODYEAR Integrity and LS if I remember right . Still would suggest good snows for car with those features .

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
They're pretty decent cars for what they are actually...but overpriced, at least over here.

+1. Overpriced here too, but in terms of small cars, it is my favorite. This is in comparison to the civic and corolla too, which are overhyped, overpriced, oversize pigs, IMO.

I generally do not swoon over Japanese vehicles. However, if I was in the market for a small car, a 4dr, 5-sp yaris would be my pick by a long shot.

I actually fit better and more comfortably in the yaris than the civic! It is my rental car of choice!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Hate to be rude, but the Yaris is such a lousy car that I have no idea why there's a place in the market for it. There are cars for only a few bucks more that would give you equal or better fuel economy while offering much more refinement.

That's BULL. It is a great little car for what it is and for the money.

These cars can't be judged by regular car criteria since the base models appeal to a niche buyer. As I have mentioned before, mainstream criticisms such as "looks bad", "underpowered" or "buzzy engine" don't mean much because I don't care about that. In fact a better car "for a bit more money" can be ruled out since it is "a bit more money" Looking for dependable, fuel efficient model car for the least amount of money, this car fits (no pun intended) the bill.

As mentioned a 5sp stick and a careful driver could turn in low to mid 40's. Really 12K isn't "at all costs"

Quote:
+1. Overpriced here too, but in terms of small cars, it is my favorite. This is in comparison to the civic and corolla too, which are overhyped, overpriced, oversize pigs, IMO.

Why are you sooo anti Honda ?
54.gif

Because they are sooo over-hyped and poor value for the money compared to a domestic or a toyota. We owned an integra, which is effectively a glorified honda, and compared to our toyotas, domestics, and German vehicles, the rubber rotted far faster, it was more rust prone, and did nothing that spectacularly for the cost. Ive driven late model civics. blah. Ive driven late model accords, and while better feeling (IMO) than late model camrys, they are nothing special for their asking prices.

They are poor deals in the primary market, worse deals in the secondary market, and poor value overall considering what you pay and what you get...

I have a Yaris HB MT I get great mileage with no xtra effort put into hypermiling or anything like that. I put some aftermarket suspension bigger wheels and sticky tire and must say it handles very good its fun to drive and I never have been to the stealership with trouble after 40k in the odo. Its not my family car just for me to go to work and do my daily runs. It is good bang for the buck also has good AC

Originally Posted By: moklock
Hopefully this version at least won't look like it should have two antennae glued on top an be driven by an exterminator.

LOL!

Me buy one? I'd have a FIT!

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Originally Posted By: The Critic

That's BULL. It is a great little car for what it is and for the money.

Even if you can get a far more refined car, such as a FIT, for 2-3k more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back