2010 Toyota Sequoia 5900mi with towing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the total 5900 miles on this UOA, we towed our 25' travel trailer (4300lbs loaded) over 4,000miles over the summer. 2,500+ of which were in and all around the Smokey mountains and vicinity for 2 weeks, plus another easy 1k+ of in State towing. (That's actual loaded, towing mileage.) Remaining miles were all local city, short, grocery getting type miles.

MPG's average around 10. The range was 9-12 between fill ups.

And still a report this good? Those doubting 10k OCI's NOT TOWING should doubt no longer.

I now question my own personal requirement to run 5w-30 during the spring-summer towing season. But I'm not yet there. I will stick to what is clearly...without ANY doubt....working exceptionally well.

Oil used was standard M1 5w-30 (2-5qt jugs) from Walmart.

2010SequoiaUOA100414_zps574e0b9d.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Pretty awesome in just about everything. What oil filter did you use?

It was an M1 filter, which was not changed previously. It had about 12k miles on it. For the past few years, and having done many UOA's, I only change the filter once per year on all my cars/trucks.

When did you move from 5W-20 to 5W-30?

I've kept PU 5W-20 in my 2011 Land Cruiser since the free dealer changes stopped.

That's nothing short of amazing! I want a Tundra now! But yeah 10mpg is upsetting though probably expected with all that towing etc. What consuption do you normally get on a plain old highway run?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Great report...but 10mpg's?? Ouch. Big and nice ride but that would clean out my bank account.

That's TOWING....towing MPG's. Standard driving is 14 (low in winter city driving) to 19 (summer highway).

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
When did you move from 5W-20 to 5W-30?

I've kept PU 5W-20 in my 2011 Land Cruiser since the free dealer changes stopped.

I run 0w-20 Fall thru Winter and 5w-30 Spring thru summer (towing season)

If I didn't tow, I would run 0w-20 for a year at a time, which would get us right around 15k. (That's what I do on my Accord now...UOA in process)

And this this is an amended UOA, with TBN, forgotten cause I forgot the check the box....but paid for it!
SeqUOA_zps4492c233.jpeg

Originally Posted By: Autodarken
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Great report...but 10mpg's?? Ouch. Big and nice ride but that would clean out my bank account.

That's TOWING....towing MPG's. Standard driving is 14 (low in winter city driving) to 19 (summer highway).

That's comparable to my '11 Land Cruiser.

Of course with the LC, that's full-time 4WD.

Tundra should be in the same ballpark.

Very impressive TBN retention after almost 6000 miles with towing. I know the 8 qt sump doesn't hurt, but that engine really likes the M1 5W-30. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back