2010 Toyota 4Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Toyota's biggest fan, but I think if I was looking for a brand new SUV, I'd get a new 4Runner hands down. The styling has some of the usual Toyota weirdness, but it's not bad looking. Most of all, I like that it still has a frame and a solid rear axle. The "Trail" trim level is pretty sweet...

ext_2010_4runner_v6_sr5_4.jpg

http://www.toyota.com/4runner/

It's bigger than what it was 20 years ago. It's an okay looking truck but it's too bad the dropped the V8 engine though, but at least they have the 4 cyl as an option.

I liked the 1985-1995 4Runner/Truck designs but too bad they could not recreate it again.

No 4 cylinder isn't an option according to the site. Can you imagine a 4 in that tank?

Last edited:
I saw an Edmunds test drive video that claimed it does have a 4 cyl, but I didn't see it on the site either. Maybe it's not coming out until later?

They should borrow an EcoBoost 4cyl and put it in there hehe. This is a nice looking truck, now why can't they make their cars look nice too

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crinkles
NICE! wish they still sold them here...

You guys are lucky that you have the diesel Hilux. I want that engine in my 90 4runner.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Originally Posted By: crinkles
NICE! wish they still sold them here...

You guys are lucky that you have the diesel Hilux. I want that engine in my 90 4runner.

GREAT engine, but the ute is too small...

I really can't believe they're going to put a 4 cylinder in that, especially considering the comparatively [censored] fuel economy it gets.

The new 4Runner will come with a new 2.7 4 cylinder engine that is also used in the Venza and Tacoma.

They should have kept the V8 as an option as well and would compete well with the 5.6 liter V8 Pathfinder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back