2010 Susuki SX4 air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

Here is the original air filter for this car with 90,300 miles on it. Never been changed and packed with dirt.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I didn't measure it but it's probably about that long. The owner said that nothing has been done to it other than oil changes. I changed the spark plugs, air filter, cabin air filter, wiper blades, and serpentine belt. The belt still looked very good with no cracks but she wanted it changed anyway so I saved it and put it in the back of the car for a spare.

Wonder how the clean side of the filter looked? Air filters should ideally be changed by restriction since their efficiency improves as the collected dust builds a filter cake, but at 90,000 miles the owner got their money's worth from this one. Did you notice a difference in engine power with the new filter?

Wonder how the clean side of the filter looked? Air filters should ideally be changed by restriction since their efficiency improves as the collected dust builds a filter cake, but at 90,000 miles the owner got their money's worth from this one. Did you notice a difference in engine power with the new filter?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back