2010 Subaru Legacy w/CVT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has driven one of these, or knows anything about the durability of the CVT?

I have the ability to buy a new Subaru through their VIP Partners Program, which means 2% below dealer invoice, but I want to gather as much info on them as I can before visiting.

CVT codeveloped and licensed from Jatco of Nissan fame. I wouldn't worry about the CVT durability.

I agree, but supposedly the manual on the Legacy is not too good.

I will try to drive both. I drove an Altima with a CVT for a day and did not like it much.

I don't find automatic tranmissions so offensive that I desire to be rid of the feel of shifting up and down. I was actually a little unnerved by the sensation in a Nissan Murano. It felt like an auto transmission that was getting ready to fail. The constant feeling of slipping got on my nerves.

That's exactly what I didn't like on the Altima. I thought the car had been abused (it was a rental) and the transmission was going.

I have a friend at work who has a CVT Altima as well. He's never even noticed a difference. In fact I don't think he knew he had it until I told him he did.

I'm not opposed to auto, my Buick has one and it is nice in the traffic I have to endure, but ideally I would have a manual (and 50% less traffic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back