2010 Nissan Maxima in a hot country

Hello Everyone and Bob,

I drive and maintain a self-imported 2010 90k miles Nissan Maxima SV is Israel. temperatures where I live range from about 14 degrees Celsius (57 Fahrenheit) in the coldest night in the winter to about 45 degrees Celsius (113 Fahrenheit) in the hottest day in the summer.

Do to the milage and the hot temperatures I am thinking about changing the engine oil specs in the upcoming interval. I have been spending a lot of money using the Motul 300V 5w-30 with the Ester core so far, which is the only Motor oil the clearly states on the bottle the contains Ester.

what do you guys think? Should I use a 10w-40 or higher to fit the high milage and outside temperatures? Is the Ester worth it and is it important?

I was thinking about going for the Castrol Edge 5w-30m which is recommended for the maxima on the Castrol oil finder.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Castrol Edge 5w-30 is good idea, the Motul with ester is unnecessary. The VQ engine is durable and 5w-30 will do the job just fine.

Get Wal-Mart to ship you a couple of these. Almost everybody over here uses it. Shalom🇮🇱🇺🇸
super tech2.jpg

I have owned two 5th gens, a 6th gen and a 7th gen Maxima. 5W-30 went in all of them but the 7th gen lived on 0W-40.

Back