2010 Mitsubishi Galant 133k 2.4l valve train pics

Had the valve cover gaskets done. Have owned this car for about 1k miles now. Here's a peek of how we are looking under the cover.

[Linked Image from ebayphotogallery.com] [Linked Image from ebayphotogallery.com] [Linked Image from ebayphotogallery.com] [Linked Image from ebayphotogallery.com]

Looks good
smile.gif

Looks fine!
I always liked the Galant. I always thought it was a nice car to drive for the, (as I always say). "everyday-ness".

Came close to buying a few Galants over the years. Wish the Mitsu brand was stronger in the U.S. Had three different Chrysler imports in the seventies and eighties and good luck with all of 'em. One of 'em said Plymouth on the front and Dodge on the back.

Last edited:
Thank you all. This is my dd/delivery car now. Gladly he kept up with the oil changes. I was deciding between this an the kia optima as the camry/accord were to expensive for that year. Glad I chose this.

Originally Posted by gallydif
Thank you all. This is my dd/delivery car now. Gladly he kept up with the oil changes. I was deciding between this an the kia optima as the camry/accord were to expensive for that year. Glad I chose this.

You sound as-if you knew the prior owner - even mentioned him, not she.
Did the prior owner always use M-1 Vanilla? Is that why you chose M-1?

Is the engine noisy?....lol...... just kidding.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by gallydif

You sound as-if you knew the prior owner - even mentioned him, not she.
Did the prior owner always use M-1 Vanilla? Is that why you chose M-1?

Is the engine noisy?....lol...... just kidding.

I didn't personally know the owner, however, I did buy it directly from him as this was a private sale. It was a 1 owner vehicle. He had never done the transmission fluid change or the timing belt kit (supposed to be every 80k. If the timing belt goes then there goes the engine as well. Maybe that's why we don't see too many galant's on the road haha) but did state he kept up with routine oil changes. Good to know he told the truth.

Looking good . We had many Mitsubishi cars in the past . Such as Colts / Champ ( '80 - '92 w/ 1.4 , 1.5 + 1.6 ltr. ) and '91(?)1.6 ltr. Summit sedan with . Cheapest was a '80 Colt with 3 speed auto for $125 . That ran for 2 or 3 years . Those engines could take a beating . Thanks for pics and rekindled memories . Hope you many more miles and years to go .
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Back