2010 Honda Accord Inline Transmission Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time confirming whether or not I have this filter on my 2010 Accord, which has the 4-cylinder engine. Some interweb info says only on 6-cylinders, other say both engines. I have NOT seen anyone mention servicing this filter. Kinda strange. I'm guessing this filter leads to the transmission cooler?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GI9N...d=A2I41YOSEKXE8

If I do have it, where might I find it?

Last edited:
While I have a 2005 CR-V, it should still be the same engine/transmission combo. The filter on mine is black, and is down low in front of the radiator. Hard to find, even harder to get to.

On the 4-cylinder engines its on the drivers side top, back. Look straight down on the drivers side. Small round with a bracket holding it.

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
On the 4-cylinder engines its on the drivers side top, back. Look straight down on the drivers side. Small round with a bracket holding it.

What do you mean driver's side top, back? I'm not sure what location you are referring to.

Do you mean on the firewall? Or on the top and backside of the radiator?

Drivers side. Top of the engine. Closer to the back of the engine. Easy to see. If you can't see it they may have stopped putting it on that model.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Phishin
I'm having a hard time confirming whether or not I have this filter on my 2010 Accord, which has the 4-cylinder engine. Some interweb info says only on 6-cylinders, other say both engines. I have NOT seen anyone mention servicing this filter. Kinda strange. I'm guessing this filter leads to the transmission cooler?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GI9N...d=A2I41YOSEKXE8

If I do have it, where might I find it?

If you go to hondaautomotiveparts.com and drill down, you'll find the breakapart diagram for any part of your Honda.

I did an Accord 2010 EX 4-door KA5AT, and in parts diagram "AT OIL LEVEL GAUGE - ATF PIPE (L4) (- 10)" I found part #4 was a filter with this listing (sorry hard to link). You should redo this with your exact vehicle details.

25430-PLR-003 004 001 FILTER (ATF) 26.35 17.65

14ta0801_atm07.png

This is one of the things I love about Honda's. Try the Mopar site for comparison. At first it looks all snazzy... until you try to find something in it.

Last edited:
That is the filter, on an 05 it's on top of the transmission, under the air box or intake, just trace the transmission hoses on the radiator.

Thanks fellas. Found it last night when I got home from work.

It's sitting right on top of the engine like you said it would be.

I see no mention of it anywhere that it should be changed....do you Honda owners ever change yours? At what interval?

I see no mention of it anywhere that it should be changed....do you Honda owners ever change yours? At what interval?

Yes, I change mine. I start as soon as I get buy the used vehicle. After that every 100K miles.

Most of what the filter traps is debris from the initial manufacture and break-in. After that it slowly clogs up for the rest of the life of the vehicle. Frequent changes are not really necessary, but getting the original filter out of there after transmission break-in is the most essential thing.

I can't define how many miles is the initial transmission break-in period, because I buy used vehicles, I am not a transmission rebuilder, and Honda provides zero guidance (like every other consumer vehicle manufacturer). If I had a new Honda and had to guess, I'd change it at 20K, 100K, and every 100K miles thereafter.

Thanks fellas. Found it last night when I got home from work.

It's sitting right on top of the engine like you said it would be.

I've never changed mine. 213k miles, religious ATF changes every 30k since brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back