2010 Ford Transit Connect

Haven't these been out in the UK and other European countries for a long time? I remember seeing something about them on Top Gear and how they're big sellers overseas.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Haven't these been out in the UK and other European countries for a long time? I remember seeing something about them on Top Gear and how they're big sellers overseas.
Yeah, it's at the smaller end of Ford's European commercial vehicle line-up. They've been showing them to the N.A. transport industry for about two years now. Ford has been sending me literature for nearly a year. I'd like it better if the production model had the TDCi turbo-diesel engine that was in the ones I've been shown over the last couple of years.

I was really impressed with the last transit that I saw. Was lending a pallet/box, weighing a tonne, and saw a Transit turn up...thought to myself "what are they thinking ?" They opened the side door, and a forklift was able to deliver a pallet into the thing. A tonne in, and the suspension settled some but not much. Diesel, with a semi auto gearbox made good mileage according to the driver.

Ford had several Transit Connect's at the NYC Auto show. It's a real neat little truck that seems to be built pretty tough (high payload). I could see the window version/5 passenger configuration as a vehicle for the "active lifestyle" niche. Folks who want a small van, but dont want to go the mini-van route. For light commercial/tradesmen, it should be a hit. No fun trying to park a full-size Econoline in lower Manhattan.