2010 Camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was browsing the local Chevy dealer yesterday--one 2010 red Camaro V-6 automatic in stock. MSRP = 33K + a 5000 mark up for "market conditions".
I'll drive 100 miles out of my way rather than buy anything from these dudes...
hope they are not looking for sympathy
Steve

$33,000 for a V-6 Camaro ????

Are they nuts.
crazy2.gif

Should be more like $22k. I've read many positive reviews on it. One from Edmunds.com.

Wait until June 2nd....they may have the plug pulled as GM will close 40% of their dealers by the end of 2010. Typical...$5,000 mark up over MSRP.
smirk2.gif

It seems that everyone I talk too including myself feels that they missed the target in looks. The general comment is the Challenger and Mustang did the best job in the retro-revised look. I personally like the Challenger and feel it would be the best to block up in storage for the future considering Chryslers problems. How long will the Challenger live?

The Mustang is by far the coolest look of all the US retro cars. It looks like a Mustang to begin with. Not some space age version. I think the Camaro looks OK...but if I am plopping down my hard earned bucks it will be for a Mustang because it still has the street sex appeal it had in it's best days.

Originally Posted By: jerre310
It seems that everyone I talk too including myself feels that they missed the target in looks. The general comment is the Challenger and Mustang did the best job in the retro-revised look. I personally like the Challenger and feel it would be the best to block up in storage for the future considering Chryslers problems. How long will the Challenger live?

Well I'm a Mopar guy so its only natural I'd favor the Challenger. But I'm actually rather impressed by the looks of the new Camaro- they obviously weren't being as deliberately retro as Chrysler was with the Challenger, or even Ford with the Mustang.

How long will the Challenger live? Good question. My personal hope is that by pulling the cord sooner rather than later in declaring bankruptcy, the "30 to 90 days" to emerge from bankruptcy will be on target with a full turnaround in a couple of years.

I'm really more worried about GM, frankly. Even though I'm not a GM admirer, I don't want to see either one fail and GM may prove much more costly to save than Chrysler in the long run.
frown.gif

dealer scalping is one of the reasons those bottom dwellers got such a bad rap. adding $5K just because they have one of the early ones, whatever. it's almost as bad as that other dealer recently who had (or maybe still has?) a loaded pontiac G8 that they had an added a $10K premium.
there is a local dealer here who has the slogan 'price sells cars'. they post the lowest they will sell it for; no haggling, no bait n' switch, just a good fair price. they are thriving and have been around a long time. AFAIC, the dirtbags can go die a slow death.

We just received a 2010 SS V8 6 speed. Here it is in my driveway Saturday with my daughter and her friends.....
$38,000 plus taxes etc. Cannot wait to tear into this thing :)
Prom09041.jpg

Prom09037.jpg

Prom09038.jpg

Prom09039.jpg

Beautiful car. Surprisingly, the interior looks much better in these pics than in many of the professional photos I had seen from GM.

Originally Posted By: steve20
+ a 5000 mark up for "market conditions".

Give me a f-en break.
smirk2.gif

They'll have $5,000 discounts for this things when they figure out that no one's buying them, just like the last gen F-body.

Originally Posted By: steve20
MSRP = 33K + a 5000 mark up for "market conditions".

Not sure which version it was, but the base V6 model's starting MSRP is around $22k. Might have been the 2SS model. In any case, pretty soon it'll be +5k mark up for "market conditions" and -10k markdown for "bankruptcy conditions"

This just highlights the biggest problem that automakers have.... dealers!!!

How can the automaker spend billions developing certain products, plan to introduce them into the marketplace at a price that the market will bear (they spend millions just arriving at a proper price!) and then turn it over to greazy Larry to try to sell the thing???? They have teams of marketing people, who know how many people in the country are between the age of 45 and 49, and owned a Camaro as a teenager, among every other factoid... and how many of them will be interested in their new car.

The automakers commit plants, thousands of workers, billions of dollars, and their whole future on these plans. Why can't they get control of their dealers!!!!!!!!!!?????

Sorry to overuse the exclamation points, but this is absolutely moronic.

GM *should* be able to say, here they are, $23,000 a pop. Come get 'em, any color you want. And, then, and only then, would the streets be full of them.

The reality is, that dealers will sell whatever makes "THEM" the most money. (Usually trucks.) GM shouldn't have closed only 1000 dealers. They should close them all. Then switch to a fixed price model, where a customer walks in and buys WHATEVER THEY WANT at a fixed price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back