2010 Camaro - Outselling Other GM Brands Combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I live in Grand Rapids
thumbsup2.gif
A late welcome to the site!

I never appreciated the new Camaro till I saw it used as a pacecar at the Ft Worth Nascar race. They`re a pretty sweet site to behold!

Well, I'm going the other direction. I thinking about selling my Cummins Ram for a new Challenger R/T.

The Camaro is cool, But the Challenger is mind blowing cool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GOPHER FREAK
Well, I'm going the other direction. I thinking about selling my Cummins Ram for a new Challenger R/T.

No doubt.. I love the new Challenger.. I'm more of a Mopar guy myself though when it comes to muscle. I heard you can get those in manual trans now thank god. (unlike other R/T and SRT vehicles)

I'd love a black SRT Challenger manual trans.. DROOL!

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: GOPHER FREAK

No doubt.. I love the new Challenger.. I'm more of a Mopar guy myself though when it comes to muscle. I heard you can get those in manual trans now thank god. (unlike other R/T and SRT vehicles)

I'd love a black SRT Challenger manual trans.. DROOL!

The new Challenger looks sexy. It looks much nicer then the Camaro IMHO.

I hope they don't have issues like the Hemi Chargers did. A local police department near me got a bunch of Hemi Chargers and they spend the bulk of their time at the service center.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Cool car but just a little too big.

I agree. Love the powertrain's, the front end and the side view. CANNOT get used to the rearend and the plastic interior.

A lot of cars I look at have plastic interiors. If the manufacturers would pop in a little chrome and some contrasting colors in that plastic, the issue wouldn't come up.

Good read, Vito. At 31K base price, I wouldn't say the barriers to buying one of these "is not steep," but I'm notoriously cheap.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
A lot of cars I look at have plastic interiors. If the manufacturers would pop in a little chrome and some contrasting colors in that plastic, the issue wouldn't come up.

Good read, Vito. At 31K base price, I wouldn't say the barriers to buying one of these "is not steep," but I'm notoriously cheap.

The retro gauges down by the center console seem cool, and even the regular gauges seem okay. Its just the HVAC, and the radio controls, and the vent arrangement seem odd.

what car interior doesn't have plastic. I don't even think BMW would make you some solid oak door panels. I saw the interior of a v6 camaro and the dash plastic looks OK, but it's a 20K sports car/pony car. It doesn't need fake leather wrapped door panels, that will look like [censored] in 10 yrs. I'll take full plastic door panels any day as long as they're solid and don't creek. If you want a nice interior go buy yourself a $4000 arm chair to put in your house.

From a power perspective I'll take the camaro. the Challenger is nice, but all DCX vehicles will always be hampered in the aftermarket tunability aspect. Mainly because DCX locks their PCMS down tighter than a submarine. I could careless about handheld programmers, I'm talking [censored] near full control of the PCM, like can be had with most GM vehicles..

One positive thing about the challenger over the other SRT models is a full mechanical LSD. None of this brake stimulated [censored]
VTP in your article you make mention of why they kept buick over pontiac. Plain and simple. China. Expected 20%+ growth in sales of BUICK vehicles alone this year in china.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that's why Buick is allowed to stay, but I still don't get the rationale behind dumping your best made and most unique cars period.

Let's face it....with no Grand Ams, G6s, or Sunfires...what are hot 18-29 year old girls going to drive now? Volkswagen stands to clean up!!
LOL.gif

I am sure that it will save goverment motors just like the new Caddy sport wagon will.....what a waste of money....Dont forget the volt for around 40 big ones...

How many rental car lots have I seen filled with Pontiacs? Lots of them... over and over again.

How many rental car lots have I seen filled with Buicks? None.

That's one reason why Pontiac goes, and Buick stays. One division sells cars at little or no profit, and the other one doesn't.

Plus, Buick owners buy Buicks over and over and over and over and over and over. My Dad is one of them... he's on his 7th Buick since 1974. Buicks built in 1973, 1976, 1978, 1982, 1984, 1992, 1999, and nothing else in between.

That kind of loyalty is hard to find anymore. Another manufacturer that sees that kind of rare loyalty is Subaru.

Originally Posted By: AWESOMO4000
Yeah, I know that's why Buick is allowed to stay, but I still don't get the rationale behind dumping your best made and most unique cars period.

Let's face it....with no Grand Ams, G6s, or Sunfires...what are hot 18-29 year old girls going to drive now? Volkswagen stands to clean up!!
LOL.gif

Around here, they drive the Focus, Mazda 3 and the Escape.

The snobby ones either drive a Jetta or a 3-series.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: AWESOMO4000

LOL.gif

Around here, they drive the Focus, Mazda 3 and the Escape.

The snobby ones either drive a Jetta or a 3-series.

Daddy pays for all those cars. Then the girls neglect them, hate them, talk smack, and aren't repeat customers. Companies wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back