2010 Audi S3 Oil Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys

Firstly I am located in the Middle East (Amman - Jordan) my country is kinda dusty but not as much as gulf countries. Temperature during summer doesn't exceed 39c and in winters doesn't go below 0c, and lastly our fuel is considered [censored] and its advertised as 95RON but my local tuners say its around 92-93.

My car is a 2010 Audi S3 (CDLC engine 188Kw), DSG trans. Basicly its a rebadged golf R. The car has only 5000KM on the odometer. And currently car is tuned up to stage 2+.
Current mods are:
Autotech HPFP
42DD Sport Downpipe
Unitronic Cold Air Intake
DV+ Diverter Valve Kit

I would like to seek your help and see what you recommend to suit my car/climate.

Available choices are:
Liqui Moly Synthoil High Tech 5W-40
Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40
Liqui Moly Leichtlauf HC7 5W-40
Liqui Moly Toptec 4100 5W-40
Motul Specific 502-505 5W-40
Motul X-Cess 5W-40

All these oils meet VW 502-505 oil recommendation.
PS I change oil every 5000KM.

Looking forward to hear your responses and advice.

Thanks

I used Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 for the entire time I have had my audi s4 (recently switched to mobil 1 0w40) but I never had any issues or noticed consumption. Others that are more informed can help advise on filter choice, perhaps.

Originally Posted By: MarioSS
Thanks for your input. Mind me asking why did you switch to Mobil 1?

APR claims that in that application, Motul X-Cess showed best results.
I would use Shell Helix API SN.

I think any of those would work well, but I will echo edyvw's thoughts: what about Shell Helix? It's a very good oil.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Cheers edyvw! May I ask where did APR claimed this? Am asking because on their website the recommend the Motul Specific 502-505.

Shell in my country is made in either UAE or Egypt AFAIK so I wouldnt trust that oil TBH plus rumors say its all remanufactured oil.

I use the cheapest HDEO, whether it is Shell or Chevron.

the upgraded HPFP will put more pressure on the cam follower, leading to more wear. It should be checked/replaced every 16,000 km.

Shell Helix HDEO is a good choice also.

Cheers edyvw! May I ask where did APR claimed this? Am asking because on their website the recommend the Motul Specific 502-505.

Shell in my country is made in either UAE or Egypt AFAIK so I wouldnt trust that oil TBH plus rumors say its all remanufactured oil.

Well, now I am not sure was it specific or X-Cess, but it is Motul.
From what I read on forums, X-Cess is smoother. Also, how is fuel over there? If it has high sulfur content, go with X-Cess.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
I use the cheapest HDEO, whether it is Shell or Chevron.

the upgraded HPFP will put more pressure on the cam follower, leading to more wear. It should be checked/replaced every 16,000 km.

Shell Helix HDEO is a good choice also.

Regarding the cam follower I'll definatley have it checked by 15000km. I already have my replacent spare
smile.gif

Well, now I am not sure was it specific or X-Cess, but it is Motul.
From what I read on forums, X-Cess is smoother. Also, how is fuel over there? If it has high sulfur content, go with X-Cess.

Our fuel is for sure considered [censored].
No clue if it's high on sulfer.

Attached our supposedly 95RON fuel spec

2rlyged.png

I'm not familiar with Motul's offerings. However, of the Liqui Moly choices, I would go with Synthoil High Tech 5W-40. You should be able to go 8,000 km on it.

The sulfur content of your gas is 150 ppm (Euro III). Do you have 98 RON available to you?

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
I'm not familiar with Motul's offerings. However, of the Liqui Moly choices, I would go with Synthoil High Tech 5W-40. You should be able to go 8,000 km on it.

The sulfur content of your gas is 150 ppm (Euro III). Do you have 98 RON available to you?

Thanks for your reply Falcon_LS!
May I ask why you chose Synhoil High Tech instead of Leichtlauf High Tech?

Our 95RON is our premium fuel

Well, I could chime in but my experience won't really help you. We run Audi recommend Castrol EDGE Professional, so it would be Castrol EDGE Professional Longlife III 5W-30. Since this is usually only available in franchised dealers, if you want to buy your own then Castrol EDGE 5W-30 would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back