2009 Silverado, 2956mi, PYB 5w30 SN, OLM 62%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave2009
I have PP in it now with PureOne filter the last several runs. Never have to add oil or coolant. Runs perfectly, just worried about the lead.

Sounds good + 5-10 second warm-ups then re-check later.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I personally would stick with the 5W-30 no matter which oil you decide to use. I don't know that the PP would bring the numbers down, but you could try. I've seen V-8 GM's show high lead readings up to 60K before they start coming down.

i think your right! every builder i have talked to says gm is kinda loose on the crank balancing tolerances. i bet it will clean up over time.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Originally Posted By: Johnny
I personally would stick with the 5W-30 no matter which oil you decide to use. I don't know that the PP would bring the numbers down, but you could try. I've seen V-8 GM's show high lead readings up to 60K before they start coming down.

i think your right! every builder i have talked to says gm is kinda loose on the crank balancing tolerances. i bet it will clean up over time.

I'll second that. Our 09 has an ugly knock on startup attributed to crank wobble until it gets warm. GM says it's normal
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back