2009 Nissan Navara D40 2.5L / Redline 5W30 6.960KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys! long time watching and learning here now im a member and posting my first UOA !

my Truck is a Nissan Navara D40 2.5L Turbo Diesel, chipped and modified..this is my second OCI with Redline 5W30 and mahle oil filter

comments are yours!

Last edited:
smile.gif
! This oil is really loaded with Calcium, Moly, Phos & Zinc, Nice oil!
Your Iron and Silicon are both a bit high in my honest opinion(IMHO) but, being a diesel engine, I don't know that this is abnormal. And your Total Base Number(TBN) is still nice and high meaning, there is still much life remaining in the oil to travel much further than your current km.

Other will chime in with their views on this oil change interval(OCI)
smile.gif

Last edited:
That looks great for a small chipped diesel.

whats total mileage on the vehicle?

Sometimes Redline uoa's will look worse the first or second oci being a full ester based oil.

The oil is considerably sheared, the original 100C viscosity is either 11.6 or 11.9, depending on whether this is Euro Series 5W30 or not. Likely your HTHS (high temp/high shear) 150C vis has dropped a lot below 3.7.
I'd suggest trying their 5W40 or even 15W40 next, considering you live in a Mediterranean climate. Does your truck have a DPF and require ACEA C3 oil?

Charlie

thanks guys for all your comments!

Originally Posted By: Rand
That looks great for a small chipped diesel.

whats total mileage on the vehicle?

Sometimes Redline uoa's will look worse the first or second oci being a full ester based oil.

Rand its the second OCI with Redline 5W30, truck has 79.000km

thanks

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
The oil is considerably sheared, the original 100C viscosity is either 11.6 or 11.9, depending on whether this is Euro Series 5W30 or not. Likely your HTHS (high temp/high shear) 150C vis has dropped a lot below 3.7.
I'd suggest trying their 5W40 or even 15W40 next, considering you live in a Mediterranean climate. Does your truck have a DPF and require ACEA C3 oil?

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

its Redline 5W30 not euro series as my truck doesnt have a dpf..i used 5W30 because nissan recommends it for this engine as preferable!

thanks

Last edited:
M37 Charlie, just checked my manual (the YD series 2.5 is optional - actually, it's current fitment, the 3.0. looks to be dropped).

The 2.5 calls for a B1 lube, so the OP is on the right track...I'd still explore your suggestion if it were mine 'though, given that the KVs took a caning on an allegedly shear proof lube.

Lube is B4 rated so perfectly suitable, it looks good but I think the factory OCI is 15,000km? It would be interesting to track the progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back