2009 LMM Duramax with 642k miles / Delo 5W40 at 22.2k miles

IMG_20230109_150654.jpg

2009 Chevy Express cutaway chassis. LMM Duramax. Delo 5W40, 20k (ish) OCI's. Current odo is 649,678.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprised. The LMM is basically a tad stronger LBZ but with a DPF but it's a good engine.

What filter did you use on this run? Do you have a bypass filter? These are some excellent wear numbers.

Trans has had a speed sensor and output shaft seal replaced, engine has had a water pump. Other repairs....lotsa brakes and 2 pitman arms. I have a current trans oil sample report if anyone wants to see it.
Would like to see the trans sample for sure.

Since this example is a good one, the oil can also remain in the engine longer. This is seen far too strictly by some completely unfounded, and this is especially noticeable here in Germany, I say: nonsense comedy club. That's exactly why I'm here, the quality is a few steps higher than what we have in the German-speaking world. But this analysis here is really very interesting, looks really good. Has the oil been changed?

Since this example is a good one, the oil can also remain in the engine longer. This is seen far too strictly by some completely unfounded, and this is especially noticeable here in Germany, I say: nonsense comedy club. That's exactly why I'm here, the quality is a few steps higher than what we have in the German-speaking world. But this analysis here is really very interesting, looks really good. Has the oil been changed?
It gets changed every 20,000 miles. Testing showed under perfect conditions that 30,000 was possible, but I backed it down to 20k for safety and ease of it lining up with other service intervals.

Not surprised. The LMM is basically a tad stronger LBZ but with a DPF but it's a good engine.

The LBZ & LMM are basically identical except for the Emissions Equipment (LMM has a DPF & a Intake Butterfly). Also LMM's used in Express/Savana vans are severely de-rated to keep the 4L85E alive which are rated at 460 foot pounds max input torque. Silverado/Sierra LBZ/LMM are rated @ 650ft/lbs-660ft/lbs respectively & used a LCT1000 Allison 6 speed which makes the 4L80E/4L85E look like a baby transmission.

With that said.....The de-rated Duramax could/can live a lot longer than one in a Silverado/Sierra as it's still built to handle 360hp/660ft lbs.

Back