2009 Lexus IS 250 first oil change interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took delivery of Lexus IS 250. 60 miles on the ODO. manual states 5000 oil change interval. Should I wait till 5000 on the ODO to do the first Oil and filter change?

I would drive it a couple hundred miles, do a few rolling wide-open throttles to seat the rings properly and then drive it to the 5K that Toyota/Lexus recommend.

The wide-open throttles if done on a warmed up engine and while rolling will not hurt the car and actually benefit the engine to seat the rings properly.

cheers3.gif
and Congratulations!

Dealer does an inspection at 1000 miles and the complimentary first oil change 5000 miles as per the dealership

Originally Posted By: mehere
Dealer does an inspection at 1000 miles and the complimentary first oil change 5000 miles as per the dealership

If it were mine i would definitely change it out before 5k

Just drive it till 5k, nothing to worry about.

The 6.6 qt sump for a 2.5L V6 is a lot of oil, if you look at clublexus.com and the UOA people did, most synthetic can go 15k and dino is good for 7.5-10k.

I think the 5k OCI is a safety margin for fuel dilution due to the direct injection. Because of the sump size and the 5k OCI, I'm just going to run the cheapest dino I can find (i.e. free oil from rebates) and call it a day.

Originally Posted By: mehere
Just took delivery of Lexus IS 250. 60 miles on the ODO. manual states 5000 oil change interval. Should I wait till 5000 on the ODO to do the first Oil and filter change?

mehere,

The factory oil in your Lexus helps break in the engine. I'd use it until the first 5000 and change the oil out then. My opinion only.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back