Visc 7.5cSt@100C

TBN 6.3

Oxid 12

Nitr 15

Lab is Polaris.
1700mi/6 months.
Previous UOA

Last edited:
I believe this is the one with a suspect coolant cap leak. Maybe just checking to see if it's in the oil, which it doesn't appear to be.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
1700 miles? Are you worried about something? Has the oil been changed at the time of UOA?

well, he has 1,300 miles in 6 months--and his '04 Crown Vic has 54K on it? I'm guessing the cars see nothing but really short trips. The weather is quite a bit different over there as well--it actually gets cold in that part of the state. So, 1 mile trips in cold weather=unhappy times for motor oil.

The viscosity is fairly low for 1,700 miles, there's some fuel in the oil and his last UOA @ 1,300 miles looks pretty rough--so a 6 mo. OCI probably isn't the worst thing in the world.

This oil looks like it held up a lot better than the Schaeffers in the previous run.

looks can be deceiving.. this is the summer interval..
the other was for a winter interval.

I expect winter short tripping to be fairly brutal compared to summer short tripping.

Yes, oil was changed. Yes, part of it was that I did want to look for coolant. Mostly though I am changing at 6 months due to how bad the last one looked. If the next one in 6 months, which will be the winter run, looks like this I may extend it out a bit more. Maybe. For now 6 months seems to be a good even number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back