2009 Ford Fusion, 3.0L V6, 1700mi, Pennz Plat 5W20

JOD

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
1700 miles? Are you worried about something? Has the oil been changed at the time of UOA?
well, he has 1,300 miles in 6 months--and his '04 Crown Vic has 54K on it? I'm guessing the cars see nothing but really short trips. The weather is quite a bit different over there as well--it actually gets cold in that part of the state. So, 1 mile trips in cold weather=unhappy times for motor oil. The viscosity is fairly low for 1,700 miles, there's some fuel in the oil and his last UOA @ 1,300 miles looks pretty rough--so a 6 mo. OCI probably isn't the worst thing in the world. This oil looks like it held up a lot better than the Schaeffers in the previous run.

looks can be deceiving.. this is the summer interval.. the other was for a winter interval. I expect winter short tripping to be fairly brutal compared to summer short tripping.

Colt45ws

Yes, oil was changed. Yes, part of it was that I did want to look for coolant. Mostly though I am changing at 6 months due to how bad the last one looked. If the next one in 6 months, which will be the winter run, looks like this I may extend it out a bit more. Maybe. For now 6 months seems to be a good even number.