2009 Ford Escape V6 Oil Filter/Drain plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently purchased a 2009 Escape 3.0 V6, and was looking through the manual and found that the filter is a FL-500S, and it stated that the "filter cap" o-ring and the drain plug o-ring has to be replaced as well which was leading me to believe that it was a cartridge type oil filter.

Anybody have this vehicle and has done an oil change on it? Do they sell the o-rings with the filter and drainplug as a kit? Anyone know where the filter is located? It doesn't appear to be in the same place as our Montego w/a 3.0.

Thanks for the help

That engine should still use a screw on canister since the 500 and the 820 are close to the same thing. As far as the drain plug I would take this opportunity to install a fumoto or other drain valve so you never have to mess with damaged threads or replacing washers again.

the fl-500s looks like a fl400s, but its not. strangely there is no separate drain plug gasket listed for that vehicle, just the drain plug. ill take pics of the filter later.

the o-rings on the filter apply to the 4cyl models.

Last edited:
Thanks. I took a second look in the owners manual and the o-rings for the filter drain plug and the oil filter cap are for the 2.5L 4 cylinder engine no the Duratec.

Does Wal-Mart carry the -500S or is this a dealer-only available item right now??

Originally Posted By: StormRider
Thanks. I took a second look in the owners manual and the o-rings for the filter drain plug and the oil filter cap are for the 2.5L 4 cylinder engine no the Duratec.

Does Wal-Mart carry the -500S or is this a dealer-only available item right now??

as far as i know its dealer only right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back