2009 Ford 6.4 Powerstroke Rotella T 15W40 17495 KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just installed a Frantz bypass filter on this truck in series with an Amsoil Dual Bypass system. My goal was to get a before and after comparison on my particle count on my new Frantz installation. To my surprise Black Stone has come back and said they can't even do a particle count as the oil as is too dirty? What do you guys read into this? All the other parameters are great. My goal was to run 5000 Kms on the Frantz new TP roll and change it out and take another sample. Well I couldn't get that far as the TP roll was pretty well plugged after 2800 Km's. So I took another sample and then changed the roll, planning on getting another 5000kms to the next sample. We'll have to see how far I go before this replacement roll is full. For all the old timers that were around when Ralph Woods was on this forum, I think he was right in his statement about the effectiveness of paper cellulose as compared to all the rest. Anyway please chime in and tell me what you think? Here's the link to my oil sample:

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini
No, was too dirty for their particle count system. The oil has 0.3% of insolubles, still serviceable.

True, should I go with another lab, or get to the point where the oil is clean enough for their system to read? Sample 2 is on the way for an analysis at Blackstone labs. We'll see if they can read this one.

Originally Posted By: A310
No, was too dirty for their particle count system. The oil has 0.3% of insolubles, still serviceable.

True, should I go with another lab, or get to the point where the oil is clean enough for their system to read? Sample 2 is on the way for an analysis at Blackstone labs. We'll see if they can read this one.

Buy the kits from John Deere, they're about $25 and shipping is prepaid. Just order at parts desk and bring it back to the parts desk when filled.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Originally Posted By: A310

Buy the kits from John Deere, they're about $25 and shipping is prepaid. Just order at parts desk and bring it back to the parts desk when filled.

Thanks, I might try that out as I wouldn't have to pay postage to the US either.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The oil is still fine to run longer.

Thanks, haven't drained the oil and plan on running it until the lab says to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back