2009 Corvette, factory fill (1500 mi on M1 5w30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I found this on the Corvetteforum this morning:

blackstone_vette1.jpg

Can you still get the 427 small-block in 2009 Corvettes?

I thought that was the engine in the 'last' ZO6, and now its the Supercharged 6.2....didn't know that engine was still made!

Numbers aren't actually that bad for the first 1500 miles in a GM V-8....

It's not the old 427. This is a small block engine that happens to be 427ci.

Patman, you are a lucky man to get to feel that LS7 roar. BEAUTIFUL break-in wear.

I'm sure Pat would love a new LS7.
grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

But its not his Corvette. Just a UOA he found on another board.

Actually the UOA is not too bad. Smart that he changed the oil IMO.
01.gif

Take care, bill

Originally Posted By: Jaymus
It's not the old 427. This is a small block engine that happens to be 427ci.

Patman, you are a lucky man to get to feel that LS7 roar. BEAUTIFUL break-in wear.

I KNOW that this is not the old 427 Big-Block. I know that Chevy brought out a 427 small-block for the 2005? 2006? ZO6. But I thought they stopped producing that engine completely in favour of the supercharged 6.2.

I was asking if you could still get the 427 small-block in a 2009 Corvette. Pretty sure you can't....anyone know?

Doesn't the 2009 ZO6 have the 6.2-liter, supercharged V-8 with 600+ horsepower? Wasn't it the 2005?-2008? ZO6 that had the LS7?

The ZR1 is what you are thinking of.

And sorry for jumping to conclusions, *****, I thought Patman made an upgrade.

On topic of the oil, is this Mobil1? Or do they not have to come with a factory fill of M1?

Originally Posted By: Jaymus
The ZR1 is what you are thinking of.

And sorry for jumping to conclusions, *****, I thought Patman made an upgrade.

On topic of the oil, is this Mobil1? Or do they not have to come with a factory fill of M1?
Correct, ZR1 is the super supercharged one.

And yes, Mobil 1 is the factory fill.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Doesn't the 2009 ZO6 have the 6.2-liter, supercharged V-8 with 600+ horsepower? Wasn't it the 2005?-2008? ZO6 that had the LS7?

No to your first question. Yes to the second although production of the Z06 7.0L did not end in 2008. The ZR1 did not replace the Z06, which continues on basically unchanged. They are intended to satisfy separate markets. The ZR1 is also more comfortable and is a better daily driver than the lairy Z06, despite being faster and handling better.

Thanks for the info. I thought the ZR-1 replaced the ZO6, and the 6.2 supercharged V-8 replaced the LS-7 427.

I only wish I had a new Corvette! I'll be driving my 98 Corvette for many miles to come. Believe me, if I had bought a new one I wouldn't have waited this long to tell you guys! Plus I wouldn't have done the first oil change so early, I would've waited for the oil life monitor to hit 50%, which would probably work out to about 4 or 5k.

To clarify, the engine in this UOA is the 6.2L engine, making 430hp (436 if it has the optional exhaust system) The next up from that is the 7.0L (427) 505hp engine in the Z06, and the top dog ZR1 has the 6.2L supercharged engine making 620+ hp

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Patman,

I buy a $1 lotto ticket every week, what color do you want if I pick the correct numbers ?
56.gif

Crystal Red Grand Sport coupe with the ebony/red interior, automatic trans, dual mode exhaust and a transparent roof please.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
No 6 speed trans ?
54.gif

Seriously, I would buy you the car.

That's awfully nice of you, I hope you win!
55.gif
I've got tickets for this Saturday's $16 million jackpot too.

I prefer automatics now, with all the drag racing I do I just like being able to make tons of consistent passes and not have to worry about missing any shifts. When I had my 6 speed 98 Formula I trashed a rear end because of missing a few 2-3 shifts at the track (grabbed 1st instead and the bad wheelhop led to the costly destruction of the rear) Besides, the 6 speed automatics in the new Corvettes are amazing! (especially with some custom tuning to tweak the software slightly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back