2009 Charger 5.7 Hemi, 5W-20 or 5W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Dont know about a great motor. I know a few people in law inforcemant that have chargers with the Hemi and they say that they are a repair nightmare....

X2

The 5.7L HEMI is a great motor. I stand behind that 100%! The only issue with it, at least in the Ram trucks, is it is a major gas pig. Actually not too bad in the Charger.

BTW - our State Police dept has gone to the Charger as have many local PD's and they are experiencing no more repair problems than they have with Ford or Chevy according to the Officers I have asked( I am not shy about walking up to an Officer and asking ). The Dodge dealer I use handles a lot of the repair work on them for local PD's and even the State at times and after reading comments like this on here from a couple guys( Dodge bias? )I asked if the Chargers used as cruisers have had a lot of problems. There have been few if any problems with the Chargers they service for various PD's( more than 100 ). The Officers I have spoken to about the Chargers tell me they love them as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: jigen
Originally Posted By: Steve S
You are really going to buy a Chrysler product?

Maybe he's getting a good deal? I personally like the HEMI Chargers. I didn't at first, but they grew on me.
Looking at how Chrysler is , I wouldn't give them my money.

Your money, your loss. Thats the great thing about a free market.

Dont know about a great motor. I know a few people in law inforcemant that have chargers with the Hemi and they say that they are a repair nightmare....

I don't believe that at all. I *do* believe that its probably an adjustment for maintenance departments that have close to 2 decades of experience with absolutely nothing but the Ford Modular to make the switch in procedures to support the Hemi. Just like those same departments p*ssed and moaned about what a "wretched piece of junk" the Modular was when it replaced the Windsor v8s way back when.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

I don't believe that at all. I *do* believe that its probably an adjustment for maintenance departments that have close to 2 decades of experience with absolutely nothing but the Ford Modular to make the switch in procedures to support the Hemi. Just like those same departments p*ssed and moaned about what a "wretched piece of junk" the Modular was when it replaced the Windsor v8s way back when.

I agree.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

You know, that is a great point. I was working in a Ford dealer when the new Modualr V8 arrived and everyone pitched a fit and hated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back