2009 Acura TL SH-Awd with Tech Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share my new toy with all of you. I will be picking it up on Tuesday! Can't wait. Here is a picture of what the car looks like, obviously it's not mine. Hope the owner of this car doesn't mind me stealing it. The exterior is called Mayan Bronze Metallic and the interior is called Umber. Umber is a rich dark brown color.
happy2.gif

photo1j.jpg

photon.jpg

Last edited:
Hey...nice car. They sell them near the north pole don't they? If not, snow piles still in May...in Mass? Huh?

Oh, I see..it's an OLD photo...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mpvue
the colors fine, but it really needs some rhinoplasty...

Yes, actually the dealer I bought it from had a rhinoplasty car. They painted the nose the same color as the car. I am actually going to get the entire grill and the back strip under the trunk painted! Kinda like this, hope it looks good like this car. Check this thread out..
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705871

Originally Posted By: chuckerants
Aside from the color, it's an awesome car. Congrats. :)

The color in person looks much better. That picture doesn't do the car justice. It looks like red wine in the light and sparkly brown at night. It's a unique color and I doubt we will see many on the road. The dealer I purchased from had only that one out of 67 TL's on the lot.

As long as you're happy. :)

I've always liked the Acura TL.
Originally Posted By: deven
Originally Posted By: chuckerants
Aside from the color, it's an awesome car. Congrats. :)

The color in person looks much better. That picture doesn't do the car justice. It looks like red wine in the light and sparkly brown at night. It's a unique color and I doubt we will see many on the road. The dealer I purchased from had only that one out of 67 TL's on the lot.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Love the car except the grill on the front.

Yep there is a long line of people who hate that grill. They took a great looking car and butchered it. First Honda butchered the Civic with the ugly digital speedometer so the legally blind can see how fast they are going blindfolded. Then they messed up the new Accord headlight where you can actually use it as a coaster for your drinks and now the TL with the buck tooth that is can be a waiter's best friend. I only got it because I put emphasis on the interior and the TL interior is beautiful! The navigation actually has a live doppler radar
crackmeup2.gif
so I know exactly when Hurricane Bucktooth is about to reign on my parade. Honda engineers should be tortured!

Yep there is a long line of people who hate that grill. They took a great looking car and butchered it.

I was going to say this, but kept my mouth shut out of politeness. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if you're buying it, you must like it.

I really liked the previous TL version, inside and out. The only thing missing was RWD or AWD. Now they added AWD, but butchered the styling...

Don't worry as long as Porsche does not redesign the Cayenne it can't be considered the ugliest car you can buy.
There is one like this is our parking lot. Every morning I walk past it and stare at it in disbelief.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Don't worry as long as Porsche does not redesign the Cayenne it can't be considered the ugliest car you can buy.

Heh... difference of tastes, I guess. I actually prefer the looks of Cayenne over the new TL.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Love the car except the grill on the front.

Yep there is a long line of people who hate that grill. They took a great looking car and butchered it. First Honda butchered the Civic with the ugly digital speedometer so the legally blind can see how fast they are going blindfolded. Then they messed up the new Accord headlight where you can actually use it as a coaster for your drinks and now the TL with the buck tooth that is can be a waiter's best friend. I only got it because I put emphasis on the interior and the TL interior is beautiful! The navigation actually has a live doppler radar
crackmeup2.gif
so I know exactly when Hurricane Bucktooth is about to reign on my parade. Honda engineers should be tortured!

It seems like Honda screws up every other generation of Accord/Civic. I like the current Civic, hated the 01-05. I really liked the last gen Accord, but the current one is just hideous in every way.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yep there is a long line of people who hate that grill. They took a great looking car and butchered it.

I was going to say this, but kept my mouth shut out of politeness. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if you're buying it, you must like it.

I really liked the previous TL version, inside and out. The only thing missing was RWD or AWD. Now they added AWD, but butchered the styling...

It is weird because when you look at the new TL in pics or car magazines it look really ugly but when you see it in person the grill doesn't look all that bad. My sister has a 2004 TL and that car is great both inside and out. The 2009 TL has an awesome interior, definately an upgrade from the previous gen but the last gen TL looked and drove like a sports car but the torque and understeer killed the fun. The new SH-AWD adresses that problem and as bloated as it looks it drives like its on rails. The base FWD with 3.5L 280hp engine is actually faster than the 3.7L 305hp AWD in a straight line test. Even with the added weight I can't comprehend how that is possible

Looks nice, what matters to me most is the performance and reliability, outer appearance is secondary.

My sister got a 2007 TSX, and she's SO glad. I've been a fan of Acura since the '88 Integra hit the streets. I'm just not a fan of the new corporate nose.

TSX2007.jpg

TSX2008.jpg

Originally Posted By: Loopie
Looks nice, what matters to me most is the performance and reliability, outer appearance is secondary.

Yes I agree plus I put more emphasis on interior since that is where I will be most of the time. Its all about interior comfort for me the reason why I had a Lexus before but that car had a lot of problems with rattles, wind noise and a whole bunch of TSB's. Mechanically it was great.

I was going to say this, but kept my mouth shut out of politeness.

I clicked on the thread and was going to make fun of the styling too until I realized the op just bought it.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac

I was going to say this, but kept my mouth shut out of politeness.

I clicked on the thread and was going to make fun of the styling too until I realized the op just bought it.

You can speak your mind. I dont take it personally. I am getting my grille painted so it looks more seamless and less of an eye sore. Other than the grille the car looks great. At the dealership I brought the grille up as a leverage for negotiating and even he admitted that their body shop is getting a lot of business because of the bucktooth grill. Even Acura is thinking about shipping the 2010 TL's with the grill painted from factory. You know there are a lot of unhappy or angry enthusiasts when the company takes steps to band-aid a problem. It actually worked out great for me because they are not selling well so there is a $2000 manufacturer to dealer rebate. I ended getting the car for $1800 below invoice. Extra money I saved, I used today to get 19" wheels, tires from tirerack, underbody skirts pre-cut tint and matching paint on the grill. Cant wait to get the car and start modding it. I'll try to post pics if I ever figure out how to download pics from camera to internet. I'll figure it out. All I need is google...lol. Thanks all for being nice and taking it easy on me. I thought I'd get flamed really bad for buying this car.
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Viragobry, I loved the TSX too, not too big and not too small. The grill looks really good too. My girlfriend has a grigio(gray) TSX, so I didnt want to get another TSX plus we borrow each others car anyways. The best part of her TSX is the fact that its a manual and whenever i drive it, I realize how much I miss that. In regular commuter cars manual transmission is slowly but surely disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back