2008 Nissan Titan; 136,000 miles; Amsoil SS 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGE

I've been getting the UOAs for my 2008 Nissan Titan done at every interval. The high lead values keep bugging me.

Its always had Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 in it, along with an Amsoil filter. Oil change intervals have been right around 10k miles.

The type of driving it sees is long distance commuting and the occasional very light towing.

Do I need to be concerned? It seems to run just fine. Any suggestions on how to lower those lead values?

HZ9gmEp.jpg

Sorry, that posted really small. Lead is at 12ppm, while the universal average is at 4ppm.

Interesting. Lead is lower than older runs so technically it's trending downward. How many miles are the Universal averages?

A friend of mine previously owned a modded Titan that had poor looking numbers; once on Amsoil and much worse than this report; FWIW. I recommended Red Line to him since he was going to extend his intervals. He did a little bit more towing than you.

His report:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2657837/Amsoil_ASL_5w-30---9,842_miles#Post2657837

I've tried to enlarge the relevant portion of the report. Hopefully its now visible without a microscope...

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Interesting. Lead is lower than older runs so technically it's trending downward. How many miles are the Universal averages?...

Trending downward is good and it could be you are scavenging lead from earlier oils (before you bought it maybe?) which did not.

Nissan and GM engines normally show higher metal numbers than others. However this has nothing to do with engine longevity.

In relation to the 5 UOA's prior, I wouldn't be concerned with the 12 ppm lead and consider it as normal for this engine at 10k OCI.
Instead I may consider extending OCI further to say, 12-13k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back