2008 nissan sentra oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
a co-worker of mine asked me to start dooing the oil chnages in her 2008 sentra. was thinking of going 4k oci with pennzoil platinum and a P1 14612 filter. could the longer P1 14610 filter be used? and also what is the cross reference to a Fram XG filter? ill either use the XG or the purolator. also ill be doing the car on ramps, my question is should i put the car on park on the ramps and add the oil,or shoudl i put it in neutral with the parking brake on then lower it down to add the oil? something makes me uneasy about adding the oil while the car is on an incline and starting it that way to lower it off the ramps.

4K OCI on PP? Seems like a waste of perfectly good oil in this car. You can safely use mineral oil if you're going to change it so frequently.

As for the ramps, I would put fresh oil in there and then drive off the ramps, then recheck oil level and top off as needed.

4000 I guess you mean mi. Im doing 10,000km with mobil semi syn with a UOA at 5000 to see if 10,000 is a good number for the oil. Id put some semi or even dino in it. I bet any filter you put on should be able to handle 4000mi.

Quattro Pete said:
4K OCI on PP? Seems like a waste of perfectly good oil in this car. You can safely use mineral oil if you're going to change it so frequently

Totally agree with the above.....using a Syn for only 4k....is a waste of good oil and $$$.

If 4k is your goal....a good dino such as Mobil Super 5000 or PYB....will be perfect.

Regarding filters....a Purolator Classic will be more than sufficient for 4k....The Fram XG... would just be overkill.

Last edited:
3,750 & 3 month OCI's is the Nissan severe duty recommendation. The Pure 1 14610 filter is what I use on most of my Nissan's. It will fit just fine.

Woman driver != severe conditions.

Any conventional SM-SN will do 5-6k miles OCI with Purolator Classic oil filter, if most trips are more than 10 miles.

lol woman driver. she has wrecked it once or twice lol. since id rather change it out at 4k, i think ill go with either motorcraft semi syn 5W30 or kendall semi syn 5W30 and a P1 filter. ill use the longer 14610 filter if clearance allows. good combo for 4k oci's?

No reason not to do 5K OCI's with the cheapest Dino you can find. I would often do 5w30 ST oil and ST filter on our 2008 Sentra. Heck I often used 5w20 with no problems. Too bad the CCVT Tranny was a lemon so we had to get rid of it...

I don't have ramps but I'll get them someday. I guess if the vehicle is low enough I would add new oil while it's on the ramps. Would not use ramps for taller vehicles like Dodge Ram and Toyota Sequoia.

Keep shifter in P or first gear while vehicle is on ramps.

[censored] I run the Purolator Classic for 15k miles or a year with my M1 EP....

I always figured any filter would do besides the cheapest fram.

Originally Posted By: redwolf4k
[censored] I run the Purolator Classic for 15k miles or a year with my M1 EP....

I always figured any filter would do besides the cheapest fram.

You figured wrong....For 15K....your using a Puro Classic...Its a 5k to 6k filter...not 15K. Stop being so cheap...and at least go to a PureOne....or better yet...a M1 EP filter...to match your oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back