2008 Malibu - A Couple Trouble Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 2008 Malibu 2.4L in tonight for some service and decided to look into the CEL.

I scanned and pulled 4 codes.

P0010
P0013
P0014
P0455

From the initial search so far, it looks like the first 3 codes are related to the intake/exhaust camshaft position actuator solenoids. So, I'll start my testing there.

The last code is an interesting one. I don't have a smoke machine nor the factory scan tool, so it is going to be a bit more difficult. One of the TSBs says to check the EVAP canister for damage due to lifting, so I guess I can start there.

Any pointers? Thanks

Check the connector at the solenoids for moisture especially if the engine has been detailed.
If its clean and dry, i'm sure there is a test that can be done before replacing them
Look for some sort of common connection or fuse, its hard to imagine both failing at the same time.

A wiring diagram will show you all the connections.
Make sure the gas cap is tight or test it. That's the most common cause of P0455.

#3 typically means your gas cap is failing. Get an OEM gas cap, because an aftermarket one may not stop the code. It may also fail prematurely. My dad learned the hard way on his 2007 Pontiac G6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back