2008 Lexus ISF 165,000km oil recommendations

First time owning a high performance vehicle.

Got this one and love it so far.

Owners manual asks for 5w30

Engine code 2ur-gse d4s injection

Maintainance records show Lexus dealer service at 9000-10000km intervals.

Welcome to BITOG 🎉

Any synthetic 5w30 will be fine for the OCI you describe. While many high performance cars are picky on oil, Toyotas usually aren't, not even for your IS-F :)

So it's a dual injected naturally aspirated engine. lspi is almost of no concern. id get a uoa right now if possible without tbn since it's cheaper and unnecessary just to check metals, fuel dilution, and other contaminants.

Other than that i wouldn't be afraid to use any decent full syn 30 or 40 grade oil with or without nice certifications as long as it isn't taken beyond 10,000km or a year.

Which country are you in. Oil selection is different than the US but that engine has had frequent changes with presumably good quality dealer oil.

So it's a dual injected naturally aspirated engine. lspi is almost of no concern. id get a uoa right now if possible without tbn since it's cheaper and unnecessary just to check metals, fuel dilution, and other contaminants.

Other than that i wouldn't be afraid to use any decent full syn 30 or 40 grade oil with or without nice certifications as long as it isn't taken beyond 10,000km or a year.

Which country are you in. Oil selection is different than the US but that engine has had frequent changes with presumably good quality dealer oil.
I’m in Canada. I purchased with a fresh oil change so how long should I wait before sampling the oil?

I’m in Canada. I purchased with a fresh oil change so how long should I wait before sampling the oil?
Eh id give it 3k so for now just enjoy it. Do you know if the radiator, trans, and rear has been serviced though?

I typically say to get a uoa quickly if you have a full refund window just to make sure you're not getting screwed but if that service record is legit and it being a Toyota product i assume it'll all be good so maybe not.

Just go 3k and check the oil level now and top up if needed right to the exact mark and check for consumption afterwards to gauge if it burns any. Hopefully none but you never know.

I would personally use M1 0w40 abs best the snot out of it. Would change oil every 8000km or one year, whatever comes first just for my own peace of mind.

First time owning a high performance vehicle.

Got this one and love it so far.

Owners manual asks for 5w30

Engine code 2ur-gse d4s injection

Maintainance records show Lexus dealer service at 9000-10000km intervals.
I got an is350 so I know about those big brother isf we got lol
I'd just check oil levels to see if it burns overtime, make sure you run a synthetic 5w30 and run it for short intervals if you wanna clean it. I've used pennzoil ultra platinum for mine for the first couple oil changes but I would run it a little hard and make sure you get the engine hot for the oil to do its job.

Back