Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Honda Goldwing
Miles on Unit: 23,800
Miles on Oil: 9,400
Amsoil 10w-40
Amsoil Oil FIlter
No Make-up Oil.
2 year (to the month) Oil Change interval.
4 Quart Sump

Blackstone Comments:

Two years? Psh! Piece of cake. Wear metals have continued to improve and there aren't any signs
here that the oil is suffering, or breaking down due to the longer oil run. The viscosity was fine, the TBN was
plenty strong at 4.6 and no fuel, water, or other contamination was found. We see no problems with an
11,000-mile oil run next time, if you're interested. Even if it takes three or four years, that should be just fine
for this Honda. Nice report!

ALUMINUM 12
CHROMIUM 1
IRON 22
COPPER 19
LEAD 1
TIN 0
MOLYBDENUM 51
NICKEL 1
MANGANESE 2
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 4
BORON 11
SILICON 13
SODIUM 5
CALCIUM 3245
MAGNESIUM 57
PHOSPHORUS 1139
ZINC 1345

BARIUM 1

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 75.7

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 14.43
Flashpoint in °F 395
Fuel % 0.5
Antifreeze % 0.0
Water % 0.0
Insolubles % 0.2
TBN 4.6
TAN

ISO Code

Refilled with Mobil 1 Motorcycle 4T 10w-40 (9.99/qt at Wal-Mart), and a Mobil 1 M-108 filter.
I'm no longer an Amsoil dealer, since they screwed with the way commision is paid. Great oil though. I just think there are other oils out there that can go for long OCIs as well.

Plan on going another 2 years/ 12-13k as soon as I can get a comparison on how this Mobil 1 stacks up with the Amsoil with a VOA.

What do you guys think? Is this Mobil 1 as good as the Amsoil?

Id say that iron, was from your tranny not fully broken in. Takes a good ten thousand mile, and thats with heavy Use. It should get better this next run, if not, Back to amsoil, IMO.

With two year oil change, Oil cost is really a non factor >G

Well, they changed something.....and the way they handled the "T-1 Certified" listings sucked, which is what may have killed any commission I was getting. No leads all of a sudden. Anyway, this is not about the company. I just think there are oils out there that can go for the 15k OCIs I intend on sticking with..... and I can go right to the store to buy for a reasonable price.

with a report like that why would you change?

heck why even change underwear with a report like that!

he77 i dont even know if any car uoa's with 9.4k on them are that good!

dang man, just ride!!!

steve

Sunruh- because I'm not an Amsoil dealer anymore, I'm not going to pay regular retail. I think I'll see what happens after a couple years with the Mobil 4T. I've already seen that Rotella can do the 10k, and now I'm starting to doubt that length of time in use is a factor at all. I think it's safe to say that with any quality synthetic, one can go 10k regardless of time. Personally, I think 2 years is long enough.

Originally Posted By: montero1
Sunruh- because I'm not an Amsoil dealer anymore, I'm not going to pay regular retail.

You don't need to be a Dealer to get the good pricing.....Preferred Customers pay the same.

Originally Posted By: ABCarr
Originally Posted By: montero1
Sunruh- because I'm not an Amsoil dealer anymore, I'm not going to pay regular retail.

You don't need to be a Dealer to get the good pricing.....Preferred Customers pay the same.

Well aware of the pricing structure. Not going to even give them $10 for that. Biggest reason is, I have found other lubricants (through a ton of analyses) that suit my needs. I doubt I need Amsoil to go 2 years on an OCI of 10k. Certainly don't need 'em to go 15k on my cars.

Last edited:
Mobil 1 R4T is still a great oil though reformed recently, but I dont think the DP is good for 2 years. It should slaughter any HDEO on throttle response and acceleration - at least on a high revving 4. One of a handfull of great oils on the market IMO. Also works exceedingly great as a "booster" for the weak AW in ILSAC oils in PCMO apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back