2008 Honda Civic, what is this part?

Our ex-daughter in law's car, living in another city. When she opened her hood she found this on the cowl. She just had it serviced and is wondering if something isn't plugged back up. I don't recognize it, and we have a Honda of the same generation.

Anybody recognize where this might go?

Scott

IMG_20230212_114822_01.jpg

Looks like the radiator drain plug on my ‘07 Accord. The one in the photo must have come from a different car, or your DIL wouldn’t have made it very far.
Wonder if someone else didn’t make it very far?

All of you are correct!

Like I said, we have a Honda of the same generation and I didn't recognize the part. But I just looked at our Honda Element and it has the same exact radiator drain plug!

Sorry for the false alarm. For some reason I was thinking the Honda plugs were blue, but I must have been confusing with our BMWs.

And, yes, she had a new radiator put in and it hasn't overheated and the coolant level remains fine, so I presume it's the plug from the old radiator.

Thanks y'all,

Scott

I'm wondering why Honda didn't put a hex head on it. As it is, you might have to use pliers to turn it.

Definitely the radiator petcock, I used to own an 8th gen Civic (2009 to be specific) and I did the coolant change on there and that's it. What it's doing up there though... LOL

Definitely the radiator petcock, I used to own an 8th gen Civic (2009 to be specific) and I did the coolant change on there and that's it. What it's doing up there though... LOL
They must have forgotten it, from the old radiator.

Back