2008 Gut Drop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: Towel_Rail

Patman, be careful with the green tea extracts -- I've found that I got really nauseous on those if I took them on an empty stomach. Caffeine/ephedrine similarly.

Thanks for the tip Scott! I haven't run into any side effects of taking this stuff so far. Most of the time I take them at the same time as I'm eating, but there have been a few times I have done it on an empty stomach. I've cut the dosage back to 4 pills a day, which is equal to 2 cups of green tea. I take 2 pills first thing in the morning, and then 2 more at lunch. They aren't working for me this week, my weight has been stuck at 180-181 all week long (although it certainly doesn't help that I've just been sitting around the house too, since I'm still on xmas holidays)

Green tea is a diuretic. Your body lowered it's water retention to the level that the green tea was driving it toward and that's all it's going to do. I think any diuretic would have done the same thing for you, and it's not necessarily a good thing unless you had a water retention problem.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Pablo the post is not a plug to market Amsoil vitamins is it?

Selling vitamins on BITOG would be like setting up a a condom machine in the lobby at Pope's residence at the Vatican. If I sell a bottle, cool - but not likely.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: Towel_Rail

Patman, be careful with the green tea extracts -- I've found that I got really nauseous on those if I took them on an empty stomach. Caffeine/ephedrine similarly.

Thanks for the tip Scott! I haven't run into any side effects of taking this stuff so far. Most of the time I take them at the same time as I'm eating, but there have been a few times I have done it on an empty stomach. I've cut the dosage back to 4 pills a day, which is equal to 2 cups of green tea. I take 2 pills first thing in the morning, and then 2 more at lunch. They aren't working for me this week, my weight has been stuck at 180-181 all week long (although it certainly doesn't help that I've just been sitting around the house too, since I'm still on xmas holidays)

Green tea is a diuretic. Your body lowered it's water retention to the level that the green tea was driving it toward and that's all it's going to do. I think any diuretic would have done the same thing for you, and it's not necessarily a good thing unless you had a water retention problem.

True, green tea is a diuretic, but that's not the whole story. The caffeine helps to curb appetite, and certain polyphenols help in thermogenesis. Hopefully, one who is exercising is consuming enough extra water to avoid dehydration!

- Scott

Quick is the trick.

Spent 3 hours in the sun this morning changing the oil/filter, fuel filter, diff oil, brake fluid, general once over of the beemer.

32C, and I don't have any shade. Wore cotton flannel shirt and track pants (gave away sunburn and car maintenance a while ago).

Lost a neat 1.5Kg in three hours (even 'though I was drinking water)...boss went to move the clothes into the washer, and advised that she'd found the missing kilos.

Won't last, 'though...

I stopped taking the green tea extract, but have been diligent about not over eating, and have been trying to get out for walks as much as I can (although this recent cold snap has cut down on those), and I'm down to 177 pounds from 180 after the holidays.

Remember the Quit Smoking threads from 2 years ago? Regular guys talking about health issues does not happen as much as it should.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I forgot to weigh myself again this am....but I am wearing my girlish jeans.

Skinny jeans??
shocked2.gif

We need a smiley with his hands over his eyes....
27.gif

Some old coot runs an AMSOIL shop in Belmont, California. It's right on El Camino -- a blind man couldn't miss the colorful AMSOIL lettering. Went in once last year to feel him on the tooth. Jeez, did he ever try to sell me something! He ranted for 30 minutes about AMSOIL oil and air filters. I showed some mercy and bought some grease. He wanted my name, address etc for his computer (to more conveniently harass me later, I bet). I politely declined and asked him about Al's vitamins, which he proudly displayed near the register. The whole experience was very seedy. I still half expect him and a few cronies to pop in for a cheesecake, engine oil and vitamin party. BYOO! No dice, amigo!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Probably just a money laundering front. Was his name Pablo?

Your evil twin?

No just another clown in mori's hood.

Be realistic about your life and what changes you will actually maintain over time. You like cookies? Eat them, just a few each day/night and not the whole box. You like beer? Fine, in moderation, 1 or 2 max a day. Excercise is the key. Find a weight training program that works for you, one that you can do several times a week. Walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes while watching your favorite tv show. Have fun and good luck!

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Treadmill, blah. Go outside and walk in the world and breathe the air.

I try to do that as much as possible, but in the wintertime when it's 10F, windy and the sidewalks are covered in ice, it's not so much fun going for a walk out in the elements!

I find I don't use my treadmill anymore though, on days that I can't get out for a walk, I just don't exercise. We might've found someone to buy our treadmill for $200 too, and we need the money and I need the space in my basement for my guitar and amp.
banana2.gif

Can you rig the treadmill to get rid of the friction parts, so the motor can be run as a generator as you jog? Then you could charge a battery to run your amp and play guitar after a workout.

A guy who used to work at the power station hooked up a tiny TV to an exercise bike, and that was the only T.V. in the house.

His kids were healthy kids that didn't spend hours lounging in front of the idjit box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back