2008 Duramax LMM Amsoil Premium Diesel Oil 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: T-Stick
Well I "used" to be an Amsoil dealer and have family still in it. I have an uncle that is pretty high up in sales in the company. I know Amsoil's talking points.

Years ago there was a greater difference between their oil and dino, but that gap has really closed. Currently, unless you have a particular circumstance where a PAO is specified/required, it's doubtful you will see any measurable difference in protection over a lifetime in a "normal" application where the manufacturer allows a synthetic or dino lubricant to be used when following their service intervals.

In many applications the oil becomes contaminated before it is depleted, so even the longer drain potential of a synthetic is sort of a moot point.

Having said all that - I think most people realize that Amsoil does make a very good product. Where they are less than stellar in their marketing is trying to convince people that the current dinos give significantly degraded protection in normal applications--and well that is just pure bunk.

Shhhhhhhh ....
quiet down or you'll wake up ToptierPAO from his slumber.
don't try to use logic and facts; it will only anger his lube ire
grin2.gif

I was having such a peaceful and restful hibernation Mr. Newton......Been away,I see you are well.....
tired.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back