2008 Dodge Ram 3500, 14.5k miles, Rotella T6

Hoping for an update on this unit?

EGR isn't doing your diesel ANY favors. I would look at options to block it off/tune it out.

Originally Posted by PDRig
This has my curiousity. The oil thickening seems excessive for the miles on this oil. I wonder how many hours are on these runs. OP. Have you been tracking hours at all?
My truck doesn't have an hourmeter, at least that I have been able to find in the information menu. New trucks I know have a total hours run and idle hours readouts on the vehicle information display. But my truck is a 2008. Going by my logged hours and miles, I average 60 mph, so for the 14,500 miles of this OCI, it would be about 240 hours. Then there is idle hours, which I can only generalize about. When I am hooking up to a trailer and doing pre-trip inspection in the yard, it is about 45 minutes of idling. As long the weather is not too hot or cold, I idle the engine about 30-45 minutes on an overnight. If the weather is too hot, I run the A/C to be comfortable. If the weather is too cold, I run the heater to be comfortable.
It does have an hour meter, hold odometer button down a while and the hours appear.
And for engine codes turn key on-off on-off on-off on and they also appear.