2008 Dodge Dakota, 3.7l v6 NEW clearance priced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an impulse, was thinking about getting a used pickup, but I called the dealer, they said they have a NEW Dodge Dakota pickup with four doors and a nice big, I don't know if it's called crew or quad, but it's the bigger passenger compartment, regular 37,000$ Canadian, clearance price 22,000$ +
1200$ shipping charge. Nice burgundy color. I bought a 2008 Impreza for my wife last year. This year, I'm doing well, so I maybe I can buy myself a truck. Sometimes I might make a dump run, or haul a load of wood chips, maybe the big cab could be useful if my adult kids want to go on an expedition. wonder what the opinion is of this truck - any good? It has a 3.7l v6 with 210 HP.

Last edited:
Had an 06 SLT 3.7L at work... I do like Dodge pickups overall, just found the 3.7 to be overwhelmingly gutless. For 07 they picked up an SLT 4.7L, which cleared that issue up nicely. Other than the power, the 3.7 ran well, put over 100k kms on it in less than 2 years. Both trucks were cab and a half though, not quads.

There's a lot of black circles on the C-R stats I just looked at for this car.
I'd go under that number if you were buying it though. Perhaps down to 20k.

If the price is right for you and you don't expect a power monster, it sure sounds like a nice truck. I bought a band-new Dakota, magnum 3.9L, 2wd, 5spd, shorty back in 1993. That little thang had more power than it needed. Different truck, powertrain and time frame.

Joel

Nice truck, and sounds like a good deal. I would search for a 4.7, and spend a little more. If not found, the 3.9 might be adequate -- depending on the gear ratio.

Similar to JTK, I had a '95 2wd, short box, std cab. However, I ordered it with the 318 Magnum, and 3:92 gears. It was very fun in a straight line.

wife took it for a test, she likes it, already planning trips in it. this is a pretty good v6, has a timing chain, 9.7:1 compression ratio, calls for 5w20 oil, i,ll be changing the oil in it soon enough, run dino for another 1000 miles, then another 3000 dino, then go to 100% synthetic. Nice baby. the engine sounds nice and smooth, and we never anticipate towing anything in it so 210 hp for
4400 lb, should be a sufficient power to weight ratio, maybe not enough to boil the tires off, but the rubber is pretty big on it, so i don't want to have to keep buying new tires anyway. I ended up saving a total of $15,000 compared to buying it list. That means I bought it for the AFTER DEPRECIATION price!!!

I have the 3.7L in a Jeep Liberty, same 210 HP seems like it has plenty get up and go. The Jeep weighs about 200 lb less than your P/U. Granted I'm not going to be pulling houses with it, or racing, but the engine seems pretty solid and adequate for a 4200 lb 4x4.

It certainly is a buyers market, for anyone that is currently working and has good credit. Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back