2008 Chrysler Town & Country AWD tire rec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle drove from Illinois to Arizona in his '08 T&C van equipped with AWD. The tires on it will definitely not last another road trip, they are right down to the wear bars. He does a lot of highway driving and commutes in snow about 4 months out of the year. Traction in ice and light snow is his number one concern but a new set of tires will also need to perform well on his return trip back, at least 1,550 miles.

OE size is 225/65R16 with 100S load rating. I'm definitely not sure if I would recommend an all season set or winter-specific set. Not to mention the availability of dedicated winter tires in downtown Phoenix is very slim.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...7&tab=Sizes

Although this link ^^^ brings up the incorrect size for your Uncle's MiniVan, it is available in his size for under $100/ea. You should be able to get them at Discount Tire in AZ.

They H727's are amongst the best All Season Tires for winter use. Do more searching on this tire and you'll see that other minivan owner(T&C, Caravan, Odyssey, Sienna) like this tire as well for year around use.

The General AltiMAX RT43's are also another good choice and do come in this size(225-65-16). There are other choices as well but, this is a good start.

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Optimo+H727&fromTireDetail=true&partnum=965TR5H727&tirePageLocQty=%26partnum%3D965TR5H727#

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Fwd Touring Model More Tire Reviews for This Vehicle

No Photo Available Buy/More Info
Hankook Optimo H727
Miles driven on tires: 2,500
Driving Condition: Combined Highway/City
Driving Style: Average

Initial Review, 2,500 Miles on Tires
July 13, 2013
Very impressed with the solid, smooth feel to them. Made the car feel if it was brand new. Gave the car a quiet, firm, and solid ride. I am curious to find out how they will do in a Chicago winter. So far Roger, who sold me the tires was right on.

This is just one review ^^^ on this tire for a similar MiniVan in IL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 10WSmuckers
My uncle drove from Illinois to Arizona in his '08 T&C van equipped with AWD.

Unless I'm mistaken, the 2008 model was not available with AWD. The last Town & Country offered with AWD, to my knowledge, was 2004. Are you sure it's a 2008 model...and if so...are you sure it has AWD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back