2008 Chrysler minivan a/c issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Chrysler minivan 78k. It's got the 3.8 L engine. It apparently has two blowers for front and rear. The a/c works great. Blows ice cold. But the front blower cuts out after 10 minutes of running time. No noise, no issues, it just stops working. Rear blower and a/c continues to work. If allowed to sit, upon re-start up the front blower works..until it cuts out again after 10 minutes or so. Any ideas?

I would look at the blower motor resistor. It's easily accessible. If It looks or smells burnt, I would replace it. When the motor fails, has anyone tried changing the motor speed to max? If it runs on max speed but not the lower speeds, this would point to the resistor.
video here

Thanks for the replies. Minivan in question belongs to an outfit I work for part time. They love throwing parts at a problem without ever fixing anything. They assured me they got a guy to replace the blower motor and guess what? Of course it cuts out the very next day cause they have a new blower motor plugged into a faulty blower resistor. Should have checked with you guys first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back