2008 Acura MDX, PP 5W20, 6800 miles on oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished my fourth oil analysis (once a year since I bought vehicle) on my 2008 Acura MDX.

Oil has 6800 miles.
Honda Oil Life Monitor at 10% or 15% oil life remaining.
Vehicle has 63,600 miles total.
Using Acura OEM Air Filter, changed per maintenance minder.
Using Purolator Pure-One Filters.
Typically use Pennzoil Platinum 5W20 (just tried Pennzoil Ultra since it was on sale).

Powertrain Warranty expires at 70,000 miles. Anything to be concerned about? I think it looks like everything is quite good but wanted to post.

Silicon - 12.2
Potassium - 0
Sodium - 11.1

Boron - 10.0
Barium - 0.0
Calcium - 2419.0
Magnesium - 17.5
Molybdenum - 52.9
Phosphorous - 604.4
Zinc - 711.2

Iron - 6.1
Nickel - 0.4
Chromium - 0.3
Tin - 0.6
Copper - 0.9
Lead - 0.6
Silver - 0.1
Aluminum - 4.6

Water - Neg
Glycol - Neg
Fuel - Neg

TBN 4.70

For comparison, here is a link to my previous oil analysis:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...209#Post1778209

Thanks!

Last edited:
New policy! Honda vehicles are no longer allowed to post. They are depressing to everyone else.

PS Appears your OLM is quite conservative for that oil.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought everything looked okay for the 65,000 mile point.

I'll keep changing the oil per the Maintenance Minder using synthetic oil and should be good then. I get it Krown'd every year, so rust shouldn't be too bad either...

+1 on the Krown...I have a 1996 Honda Accord that was rust-free when I bought it...have had it Krown'd for the last 2 years and not only is the body still rust free after 2 salty winters but the undercarriage and engine compartment also look like new (I drive the car a LOT...use it for my job). Being in Michigan I take it over the border to get it done in the fall. Forget Ziebart and the like...Krown works!

The problem that my friend sees is that most Krown shops use "monkeys" to do their Krown application. Drilling through fender wells and such to get the job done quickly instead of taking the time to do it right.

Pop the caps and make sure all of your doors are actually sprayed. If you're in Ottawa you can visit him at: www.luxeautolounge.com.

I've spoken to the Rust Check rep though, and they seem to hand pick their resellers putting quality before quantity.

The MM is very pessimistic for PU. It looks like you could have gone quite a bit further on it.

Originally Posted By: wag123
The MM is very pessimistic for PU. It looks like you could have gone quite a bit further on it.

Likely due to it being geared toward the use of conventional oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back