2008 Accord EXL vs 2007 Acura TSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Yeah I think leather isn't for everyone, cloth can work for anyone who's not good with upkeep!

Leather definitely has to be maintained,and if it is,it will outlast everything else cosmetically with the car. Cloth that's been soiled and/or destroyed by the sun (faded,thinned out) is unrepairable. Cloth from the 70s-80s was superior to the paper thin cloth of today.

I test drove both Accords (I4s and V6s) and TSXs (I4s) and bought an Accord 4 Dr V6 6MT. I would not have bought either with an AT.

My Accord has gone almost 160,000 Km and has been reasonably reliable. The first transmission was replaced after only 1500 km because it regularly kicked out of first and second gear under light deceleration. The new transmission is better but it will sometimes kick out of first gear if you're going very slowly down a very steep hill. It's done it a half dozen times, mostly when it was new. It shouldn't do it, but it does and Honda has been of no help. So I no longer go slowly down very steep hills in first gear.

I have had to replace the windshield (hit by a rock right in front of driver's seat), the rear pads and discs, and changed fluids, filters and tires. I changed the timing belt early as I was driving regularly in an area with very low temperatures. After 10 years the car still looks and runs like new.

The TSX is the "World" Accord, but fitted up a little better for the North American market. I don't remember there being much of a price difference. I have no idea which one was more expensive.

I'm still a bit sorry I didn't buy a TSX. At the time I was driving in fast and heavy traffic and having a slightly bigger car must have appealed.

If you can find either one in good shape with a manual transmission, it might be a gem.

PS I'd buy either one again.

They are the basically same car!

The Acura just has a little more timing and or duration in the cam, and probably a little more compression. They are both built on the same platform, same engine, same transmission, same suspension, they just look different. Different sheet metal, different interior. They look a little better IMO.... There is a reason Acura, Lexus, and Infinity exists. Anyone know?

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder

The Acura just has a little more timing and or duration in the cam, and probably a little more compression. They are both built on the same platform, same engine, same transmission, same suspension, they just look different. Different sheet metal, different interior. They look a little better IMO.... There is a reason Acura, Lexus, and Infinity exists. Anyone know?

Correct. Similar engine (K24,and not all K24's are identical),but a little more "modded out",gets a bit more horsepower. The way I compare them:

Honda-Acura
Nissan-Infinity
Toyota-Lexus

The latter being the high end versions.

The TSX is an international model Accord and Japanese made. The US Accord is a US-only car built in (you guessed it) USA. US Model accord is a larger vehicle, and if size isn't number 1 or 2 on your list, I'd pick the TSX. My brother has one, not sure exact year maybe 07 and it's got about 350K KMs on it. The transmission is original, and he doesn't service it.

That's true, but it's only to achieve the rated HP figures. I doubt many of them actually get premium, I'm almost certain my bro never puts premium in his.

More I am reading about it, TSX seems to be a really great car for the price($$$). I am going to keep looking for a lower mileage though.

Also, I have read on a few forums a few people mentioning they use 'regular' fuel. Of course, if I'll get it will be using Premium
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
The TSX is an international model Accord and Japanese made. The US Accord is a US-only car built in (you guessed it) USA. US Model accord is a larger vehicle....

Close. The Accord is made in the US but for both the Canadian and US markets.

I have a 2007 Honda Accord 4 Dr with a V6 6MT. It's a rare car made only for the 2006 and 2007 model years. They feel much meatier than an I4 5MT.

What can I say, I test drove both and ended up with the Accord. As a used car I'd buy either one with the deciding factor being condition.

I was still thinking of getting a TSX at the end of the model run and they had a very nice exit edition (a pretty blue, nicer interior, bigger wheels, etc). I compared it to a standard TSX and would have had to swap out those bigger wheels. It had a very annoying "nervous ride".

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder

Incorrect. A US Accord and TSX are not the same platform. While there are many similarities in the powertrain the TSX has a different chassis. The dynamics/capability of the TSX are notably better and the build quality, particularly the interior, is a significant step up from the 8G Accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back