2008 4.2L Trailblazer vibration when brake applied in drive when cold

I didn't open the filter, what I could see of the media looked like it was a little dark but there weren't any solids coming out, I noticed in the pan that was plastic, I don't know where it came from, it was cold out and my driveway is covered over in ice, and it's asphalt and uneven and I can't really jack the car up right now, so I paid a someone I went to school with who is a mechanic a few bucks to drop the pan and put in the new pan and filter I brought him so I didn't get under the vehicle and it was cold out so it was a quick in and out job, I used a transfer pump to remove about 2.5qts out the dipstick hole so it'd make less mess dropping the pan, and then he unfastened the pan, took the old filter off, put the new filter in cleaned the magnet and put it in the new pan and put the pan up. I noticed when I was dumping the fluid out into a bottle that there was that plastic piece in the pan. he was already putting the pan up so I didn't look any further, and I've tried to not drive it much since then

The plastic looks like pieces of the old filter neck, could have snapped off while pulling it off the valve body.

how much havoc could a 6 heat range Ruthenium plug cause when used where a 5 should've been used, cause the other day I realized that I had the wrong plug in my car when I was looking at the boxes sitting on my shelf in the garage back in October I changed all my plugs to NGK rutheniums and rock auto apparently sent my one 6 heat range plug along with the correct plugs and I didn't notice at the time, so I got a replacement sent to me and just put in the correct plug.

Its likely not your transmission. My 4l60e in my 08 trailblazer went out a week ago. Just got it back and it still vibrates in drive when stopped. Also has a slight miss so ill be ordering spark plugs, coil boots, and motor mounts and selling it once I replace all these components. Toyota 4 lyfe.

Its likely not your transmission. My 4l60e in my 08 trailblazer went out a week ago. Just got it back and it still vibrates in drive when stopped. Also has a slight miss so ill be ordering spark plugs, coil boots, and motor mounts and selling it once I replace all these components. Toyota 4 lyfe.
I think I've narrowed it down to my pump is going out in the transmission, and perhaps other parts are worn out, it whines sometimes in neutral but not in park, which is odd, the vibration goes away after the fluid warms up and thins out, the transmission whines either during the 3-4 upshift or during the lockup apply, the pump is noticeably loud while the 1-2 accumulator builds pressure when it's cold it's worse and it upshifts late.

Back