2007 Yaris; 1NZ-FE; SK16R11; 110K miles.

[Linked Image]

Replaced (4) SP last weekend; a "20 minute job" once I find all my tools (not a 20 minute job) Probably original from factory; bought the car @ 65K

The rusty collared one is cylinder #1.

I love these newer cars with easy tuneups, No getting my hands hacked up trying to adjust the dwell on a 350 buick with an allen wrench and the fan spinning.

I used to be a V8 guy but having spent 3 hours trying to replace a passenger side SP on a 87 Caprice for 3 hours, I decided this wasn't for me anymore.

Sold the car to a guy @ work and told him I hadn't replaced it, and he laughed it off, until there was no smile on his face monday morning.

Respectfully submitted for your adoration or commentary.

-Thiomas

Did the #1 coil have signs of water intrusion? The 04-09 Prius had an issue with the cowl seal causing water to leak into the spark plug tubes. Usually #1 was affected. I know this is not a Prius, but you may want to check for signs of water intrusion in this area.

Thanks Mike; I will have to look. I also have an 04 Prius; Are you referring to the seal in front of the cabin intake? (in front of windshield)

The yaris seems to have a variety of occasional leaks based on the occasional musty smell; the spare tire well often has water in it.

That being said; we have had unprecedented torrents over the last 2 years.

Also the round seals underneath the coils are replaceable on this engine, they have them at Toyota and on Rockauto. Usually sold with the coil boot as a set.

My old ECHO had a leak in the trunk too, it turned out to be the perimeter seal on the lid. Some people have reported leaks from one of the tail lights but that wasn't it on mine.

Looks decent and about correct for the miles, your mixture control still looks good.

Thinking mostly about Gap erosion on long service plugs,

How large was the gap and what is the spec?

I'm guessing 1.1mm since thats the ending PN on the plug

-Ken

Back