2007 Toyota Corolla ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister has a 2007 Corolla and in the maintenance schedule it states that she has to "re-torque drive shaft bolt" Is this hard to do and is it something that she needs to get done ASAP?
Thanks.

Found this on Bing...( I'm sure the poster meant million MILE scheduled service lol )

To put an end to the driveshaft bolt issue, The right driveshaft is held in place by the center-bearing. The left driveshaft is pressed in. Both driveshafts are held in the hub by axles nuts that are keyed. There are no driveshaft bolts! Ask you local Toyota service manager. I bet they say "I don't know of any driveshaft bolts" or "When we perform your million dollar scheduled service, we will be sure to cover all the basis"
:---)

I wonder if there is anyone who actually follows those service, "got to bring that car in" gotfor checks. I mean, you would be broke if you followed all those. I just got one that said, oh I think 30 or 40 to check to see if my brakes are worn. Oh, yeah, ok...... I don't know how to look at the pads..

I believe that is a carry over for the matrix with the 4WD as the corolla and matrix have the similar owners manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back