2007 sequoua w 7 year old toyota branded bat . Just replace it. Its having no problems

I've learned a long time ago that when in comes to jump boxes, you get what you pay for. Those cheap ones might last a year, two if your lucky. I've had the one I linked to for 8 years including replacing the battery 2 years ago. I use it every week for something. From moving around a car with no battery, to testing electrical parts, to inflating tires with a 12 volt air compressor.

Unless you get a jump starter with a lithium-ion battery, they all use the same 17AH sealed lead acid batteries with the same capacity, the same weight, and the same propensity to self discharge, sulfate, and go bad (if not kept on a charger).

The only differences in quality could be attributable to the charger or the jumper cable and clamps. And there ain't no way that $150 jump pack has $80 worth of charger and jumper cables in it. It's overpriced.

For that money it ought to be a lithium-ion jump pack.

Unless you get a jump starter with a lithium-ion battery, they all use the same 17AH sealed lead acid batteries with the same capacity, the same weight, and the same propensity to self discharge, sulfate, and go bad (if not kept on a charger).

The only differences in quality could be attributable to the charger or the jumper cable and clamps. And there ain't no way that $150 jump pack has $80 worth of charger and jumper cables in it. It's overpriced.

For that money it ought to be a lithium-ion jump pack.
I also have a lithium jump pack mostly for ease of transport when I know the car I'm jumping has a weak battery and not a dead one that hasn't been started in a month or two. You basically have a 5 second shot to start it before it cuts power and you have to let it cool down before trying again. No way would I rely on it for every situation. And you can't use them to start and drive a car with no battery like you can with the lead acid boxes.

I would swing in to a brick and mortar parts store and have them test the battery for free. I believe Autozone will even give you a printout.

If it's still good, then check again after winter.

Back