2007 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L V8 | Valvoline Blend 5W20 3,125 Miles

Hi,

Just wanted to share pictures of my Dad's pride and joy. An 06 GS, light tundra, with only 40.3k miles. He doesn't drive anymore but he still loves when I chauffeur him around.

gs.jpg

dash.jpg

Hi, guys. Here's my first report on my recently purchased '07 Marquis. Did a short interval since this car sat a lot before I bought it. Only thing that makes me nervous in the report is the slightly high silicon value, which I somewhat expected because I changed the air filter once during this interval, then checked it 3 weeks later to find out it was not fitting right and may not have been sealing correctly. Not sure if the air cleaner box is warped, or if the filter was deformed, for some reason. I replaced it with an AEM DryFlow drop in and it fits very well. Thankfully, judging by the wear numbers, I caught it before it had a chance to do any real damage to the engine.
Nice car, and great results. Thanks for taking the time to share them. I've always loved the Panther's, looks like you found a nice one.

Hi,

Just wanted to share pictures of my Dad's pride and joy. An 06 GS, light tundra, with only 40.3k miles. He doesn't drive anymore but he still loves when I chauffeur him around.

View attachment 41841

View attachment 41842
That's awesome, man! Amazing how low of mileage you can still find these cars. My Grandad had a 1997 GS and I inherited it a couple of years ago with only 26k original miles. Unfortunately though, the car was a lemon since new and needed a ton of work, so I sold it and bought the 2007 a few years later. Love these cars. This one had the Sport Package with factory true duals, air bags and the police interceptor 3.27 gear ratio.
1997 GS Sport Package.PNG

Last edited:
Mmm 2v 4.6 mod motors. Gotta love ‘em.
I honestly believe there are no better engines out there than the 4.6 2v. I'd say they're up there with the greats, like the Chevy 5.7 350, the Chrysler 318 and the Ford 300 straight 6. They're just tough as nails.

I honestly believe there are no better engines out there than the 4.6 2v. I'd say they're up there with the greats, like the Chevy 5.7 350, the Chrysler 318 and the Ford 300 straight 6. They're just tough as nails.

I ran mine on leftover olive oil and kind words. Nary a complaint from it.

Yeah I'm the same way, trust me. I've been taking care of this car for the last 14 years. It's paid for itself many times over. I've used 5w30 & 5w20 in the engine, which has never had the valve covers off. The car also has the original transmission. 😉

But do you have the original oil filter?

Back