2007 Honda Type II Factory Fill (pics)

I recognize that it is common practice to replace the timing belt and water pump together on Hondas, but I don't think I have ever replaced a Honda water pump due to fluid leakage or failure, not even on the 4-cyl vehicles with more than 200K. It makes me wonder if that practice is a bit dated.
I was/am of the opinion that when it comes to water pump on the V6 that doing it with the timing belt was as much while there 'might as well' replace, as a 'must do' at that time. Doesn't hurt, but not a must. Agree though as with some things in maintenance, risk tolerance is a factor. On topic, it doesn't 'appear' that the cooling system was in a neglected state.

If you still have the jug of the drained factory fill, it would be interesting to at least pH test it. ;)

I wished I read this before buying my coolant. I'm doing a rad/thermostat change today on an 05 Crv and purchased Napa brand coolant.

Would this be ok? Or the honda genuine a better choice?

Attachments

• 16137469518321977246589184979703.jpg
    16137469518321977246589184979703.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 16137469881987849465994447167104.jpg
    16137469881987849465994447167104.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 37
I wished I read this before buying my coolant. I'm doing a rad/thermostat change today on an 05 Crv and purchased Napa brand coolant.

Would this be ok? Or the honda genuine a better choice?

That coolant is fine :)

It says 2-EHA free on it, which is the most important thing.

That Napa coolant looks like Reochem. In the US, the Napa Asian is Peak OET. There is nothing wrong with it.

Recochem used to be available at Pep Boys in the US, and it was a good price, too. At the time, it was the only full-strength concentrate Asian coolant available anywhere at any price. Peak OET is now available in concentrate, but it does cost more.

........Peak OET is now available in concentrate, but it does cost more.
Piqued my curiosity, where have you seen the Peak OET Asian in full strength? Other than the now discontinued PB Recochem AF haven't seen full strength in an aftermarket Asian Phoat.

I second s_b, based on description the Canadian Napa Asian looks to be a real deal Asian PHoat, by Recochem. I'd use it with no worries.

Piqued my curiosity, where have you seen the Peak OET Asian in full strength? Other than the now discontinued PB Recochem AF haven't seen full strength in an aftermarket Asian Phoat.

I second s_b, based on description the Canadian Napa Asian looks to be a real deal Asian PHoat, by Recochem. I'd use it with no worries.

Autozone seems to have it, but only at some stores. They do sell it online, though.

The concentrate blue part number is PAB0B3

As noted, hadn't seen this before. Nearest AZ store showing in stock quite a distance away from me. Shipping shows ~$5. A little pricey but one has to consider, it's twice AF of the premix jug.

Free shipping over $35, so if you're buying something else, or if you need two jugs, you get the free shipping :)

That coolant is fine :)

It says 2-EHA free on it, which is the most important thing.

That Napa coolant looks like Reochem. In the US, the Napa Asian is Peak OET. There is nothing wrong with it.

Recochem used to be available at Pep Boys in the US, and it was a good price, too. At the time, it was the only full-strength concentrate Asian coolant available anywhere at any price. Peak OET is now available in concentrate, but it does cost more.

Thank you for the reassurance! These jugs were on sale, $11.95 cdn regular price was $24.95 cdn. I believe the oem Honda was $27.00/3.78L

Back