2007 GMC 6.2 AMSOIL ASL 5w-30, 5,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a friends ride, it is the Denali GMC with the 6.2l. He came to visit and I swapped out all the fluids front to back. I figured I would send in a sample of his engine oil. He has been running ASL from new and changed it out when the OLM got down to 5%. He also is running an AMSOIL air filter and EaO oil filter.

When I pulled the transmission pan to change out the filter the inside was spotless, I couldn't believe it with the mileage that was on it being the original fluid. The magnet had just s light dust on it, same goes for the rear and front diff. The transfer case looked great also. I told him this is a keeper truck for sure.

Code:
Everything looks good in this sample from your Sierra Denali. Universal averages show typical wear metals for

this type of engine after about 5,900 miles of oil use. You've run a little less than that, at 5,000 miles, but your wear

metals are all well below average levels, so your engine is seeing less wear at mechanical parts than most other

engines that we see -- that's a good thing, and hopefully it will lead to a nice, long life for this engine. No contaminants

were found, and the TBN is good at 4.0 (1.0 is too low), so try running 7,500 miles on the next fill. Great report!

OIL ASL5w-30

MILES IN USE 5,000

MILES 92,000

SAMPLE TAKEN 10/28/13

ALUMINUM 4

CHROMIUM 1

IRON 10

COPPER 22

LEAD 2

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 142

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 80

SILICON 11

SODIUM 6

CALCIUM 3547

MAGNESIUM 14

PHOSPHORUS 743

ZINC 800

BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0.1

WATER 0

FLASHPOINT ºF 430

SUS VIS 210ºF 58.9

cSt @ 212ºF 9.91

Fuel%
Antifreeze% 0

Water% 0

TBN 4.0

Kind of a waste. As we all know the OLM does not understand synthetic oil. And Amsoil ASL is an excellent oil and could easily go double the OCI.

The silicon while not high could be slightly lower.

Donald said:
Kind of a waste. As we all know the OLM does not understand synthetic oil. And Amsoil ASL is an excellent oil and could easily go double the OCI.

Agree....this is definitely a wasteful use of an excellent oil and filter. IMO....should be able to go 10K easily...possibly more.

Just to be safe, I would do another check at about 8K.

forget about being wasteful---keep doin what you are doin, nothing wrong with going by the OLM--even with syn in it.
I change mine at 5K or OLM whichever is less, as the truck see very severe service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back