2007 Fusion Cam Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pics of the cam area on my Fusion. 195K with 10K OCIs using M1 0-20 AFE.

DSCF2395_zpsvobollbd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im Impressed... Mobil 1 is my favorite synthetic But i will say i used Pennzoil Yellow Bottle for over 250,000 miles and my engine looks really good also.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
It's clean - what made you pull the valve cover?

For the first time I noticed some oil weeping past the VC gasket. It wasn't dripping on the garage floor, but I don't like oily engines, so I changed it out.

Wow, looks great! Guess we need not fear the 10K OCI! I'm shooting for 10K this OCI on Mobil1 0w-30. Don't need to do a UOA since I know these engines are quite capable of 10K on M1.

What is that sensor in the middle of the head between 2 and 3? Just curious.

Also, how long do you plan on keeping the car?

Can't be. Most cars running 0w-20 need to be rebuilt by 80k, and if not, they consume a ton and need to be moving up grades...

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Wow, looks great! Guess we need not fear the 10K OCI! I'm shooting for 10K this OCI on Mobil1 0w-30. Don't need to do a UOA since I know these engines are quite capable of 10K on M1.

What is that sensor in the middle of the head between 2 and 3? Just curious.

Also, how long do you plan on keeping the car?

Cylinder head temp sensor. Frankly, the Fusion still performs very well. I have no limit in mind, but I do keep my cars well maintained, so I would like to see 250-300K(miles) before replacing it.

Last edited:
Hard to beat that. I really liked my 2008 Ford Fusion until I missed paths with a deer running wide open from the woods. I ran 5w20 Castrol gold bottle and Valvoline Synpower in that car. Those motors are quite strong. Good job tig1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back