2007 F-350 6.0 Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 07 with the 6.0. I bought it new and now have 91,000km. Mine has been trouble free but you need to keep up the maintenance on these things.

My brother in law bought a 2007 King Ranch with the 6.0 8 months ago....its been in the shop for 2 of the those months.
Avoid that engine like the plague...unless you were the original owner who took excellent care of if, I just wouldn't trust the 6.0.
My brother in laws truck has basically had the entire top-end replaced, new turbo, etc. It drives great now, but the repairs costs thousands (covered under warranty thankfully!).

The kicker was it had all its previous maintenance done at Ford, with records to back it up. But from what I have read, it takes maintenance above and beyond what the owners manual recommends to keep the Navistar diesels bullet proof.

Last edited:
I own an '07 6.0, bought it new and currently it has just shy of 150,000mi.
It has been hands down the most trouble-free vehichle I have ever owned

Originally Posted By: mechjames
I'm thinking of going to look at this truck here:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/ctd/2920236170.html

I know the early 6.0's had issues with the head gaskets blowing, but I've also heard ford had the 6.0 issues fixed by 2005.

Being a 2007, are there any common issues to know about? It has 154,000 km (95,000 miles).

Should I stay away from a 2007 6.0?

RUN, FORREST, RUN! The 6.doh is the Yugo of diesel trucks. The common issues are head gaskets, EGR coolers, turbos, broken pistons, dropped valves, coolant problems, and probably a dozen more things I have forgotten. You're better off with a gas engine.

Note: The truck has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty...and the owner is dumping it just before the warranty expires. This is NOT a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back