2007 Duramax LBZ Delvac Extreme 10w30

Hello all,

I wanted to post my recent Black stone labs UOA on my rig with this Mobil delvac extreme 10w30 syn blend (CK4)
167,000 miles on motor.
10,600 miles on oil with 1.5 quarts added.
Ac Delco oil filter
S and B dry air filter

SUS viscosity @210f 65.7
CST viscosity 11.79
Flashpoint 420
Trace of fuel noted, no TBN test.

Aluminum 4
Chromium 1
Iron 18
Copper 2
Lead 0
Tin 1
Molybdenum 54
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 3
Boron 59
Silicon 9
Sodium 4
Calcium 1831
Magnesium 631
Phosphorus 1440
Zinc 1464
Barium 0

I had bought this oil on clearance, and haven't done a UOA in a few years. I had refilled with delvac 1300 15/40 also bought on clearance. The delvac 1300 refill is the CK/4 SN rated oil which I hear some people fret about the limit on zinc.. but I don't believe it should cause me any concern.
Have a great day folks.

No real wear metals to speak of other than iron. Looks good. Al is still low at 4 ppm.

Last edited:
With iron at 18ppm on a 10.5k OCI, that's not a wear metal to speak of either. You're talking 1.7ppm per 1000 miles, and UOA is not a valid tool to assess wear anyways.

OP, report shows oil stayed in grade an no real fuel (FP 420*). Soot & insolubles reading would be the most important things after viscosity and FP, in my book at least. All the other stuff is just window dressing, doesn't really tell you much unless you have a trend and see a huge shift in a number. Thanks for the report!

Originally Posted by userfriendly
With aluminum block and heads, I've concluded that the aluminum shown in Duramax UOAs is aluminum oxide and not a wear metal.

That duramax does not have an aluminum block.

With aluminum block and heads, I've concluded that the aluminum shown in Duramax UOAs is aluminum oxide and not a wear metal.

Right! The iron in the UOA is rust, or iron oxide. Not a wear metal.

That's not what you said here, that's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
The P & Zn levels of the Mobil Delvac 10W30 & 15w40 Extreme should be of interest to owners of engines with flat tappet camshafts.

Mobil specs it as a "boosted formula". As a result, the 10W30 grade will not pass API SL.

Last edited:
Typical boring Dmax UOA. Admirable wear rates.

The value in this UOA is that it, and hundreds of others like it, tell us that the Dmax 6.6L simply does not care what is in the crankcase as long as it's a suitable HDEO. It does not care about how hot or cold the ambient temps are. It does not care about how hard you work it (or not). It does not care if you OCI at 3k miles or 12k miles. The wear rates for Dmax 6.6L engines are very predictable and low-wearing, period.

Nothing to see here folks; move along. And that's a very good thing.

Illustrating again that despite all the hoopla over UOA on here to determine what is the "best" oil, within properly rated oils it is actually all about the engine and not the oil.

So much time and discussion goes into micro-analyzing UOA results and pontificating over how one oil is better than another when time and time again it's shown that the UOA does not illustrate an oil is better than another.

Back